The game is broken - This proves it. PLEASE DO SOMETHING ASAP.

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Stormyknight, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Player1

Player1 Mushroom Warrior

Well, I ran a very similar build to yours in one of the first peasant matches and I barely won. So it could be that you got lucky with draws. Your wizards only have 6 WoW+TI each with very little freezes and I am uncertain if you can keep them away consistently. The problem with the WC-lite version (without volcano and SPR) is the susceptibility to immovable. Without SPRs, there is not really much you can do against warriors with immovable trait on. Without volcano your damage output is much lower and one bad turn could really screw you over.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Worth saying that my peasant deck has performed quite well against 3DClite. Kind of irrelevant since I'm not in the tournament, but yeah, immovable is the key.

3. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

To move the discussion onto a bit more productive path, I have made a suggestion for a blanket nerf to card cycling in a different thread.

Note that this will not attack this build directly. However, right now dwarven control benefits from card cycling much more than other deck types, simply because of the items and cards that are out there. I'm looking forward to hear your opinions.

4. LudicSavant

LudicSavant Mushroom Warrior

This thinking seems backwards to me. Locking away power behind a grindwall (such as rarity) makes a game less balanced and competitive, not more. This is because the player with the rarer cards would have an advantage that has nothing to do with strategy or skill. If the power gap between common and rare cards is narrow, then the balance and competitive quality of the game is improved. Having commons and uncommons that are competitively relevant is a good thing.

Flaxative and neoncat like this.
  5. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

The game's not broken. I was just playing it!

Lusus121 and Flaxative like this.
  6. You can still play with a broken toy. Sometimes it's even more fun. (In this case, it's not).

7. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Runestone and Blood Locket need to have their Squeamish turned into Defensiveness. Also, some tokenless need to die, specifically Robes of Lightness, Electroporter Novice, and Trembling Staff. Those can't be replaced easily.

8. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Wow needs to target only one target, and, as Jaded303 mentioned, Squeamish in Runestone should be replaced either by Defensiveness or Brain Burn. The thing with Defensiveness is that, while is true that it is one of the most annoying drawback cards, a 3DC deck could quicly replace it by other traits. That is why I suggest Brain Burn instead, or some other drawback with instant self-damage. And it should be unpreventable self damage.

9. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

Squeamish is valued as a paper card, not a drawback. The math for Runestone is WoW 9 + Firewall 6 + Squeamish 0 = level 15. To keep the item at its level, you can just replace Squeamish with a paper level spell that doesn't cycle, like Penetrating Zap.

If you also fix Blood Locket in a similar way and replace one of the three drawbacks on Trembling Staff, most of the cycling madness is removed from the build and it should be brought back to a level where it has to compete on its tactical value, not some metagaming BS.

Aiven and Flaxative like this.
  10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

People will be running more Locket of the Gale that's for sure!