The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Don't buy amulet of blades! Read some of the comments above.

My biggest regret in the past was buying Oquith's Choking Incense and not buying Bolg's Club Of Evasion.

Sure the legendary has 3X of the card you want, but there are epics with a lower cost, and a good card on them. In my case, I have Crespin's Shroud.

In this case, Booming Ring is a great tokenless item, and Sarigo's Rod or Bloody Bracelet are my top picks.

In the case of Brutal Charge, you only have one boot slot so go ahead with the Boots of Etzicatl if you like.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Yeah, Amulet of Blades is really bad. I wish Path of Knives got some love with the reduced movement in the game. Maybe "Penetrating" keyword or something?

3. boro

boro Goblin Champion

Well there's also Sprint and Sprint, Team!
    Path Of Knives now also sucks in SP with Winds Of War being nerfed. I do recommend it for the Frozen Bridge map though cause of the awesome synergy with Crude Plates and for enemies that fly away from you

4. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I was thinking about it, 3 damage per square moved would be good. Penetrating would work too, although that would be the end of Trog Toboggan.

The problem with Path of Knives is that the effect is too slow. Your opponent isn't just going to stray into your wizard's path and let you curse them. And afterwards, it relies on them moving (where they will rarely kill themselves!) or you having the cards to move them, which still only deals piddly damage, even less so with armor.
    Path of Knives currently is devastating in SP because the AI is stupid and runs/flys/teleports around for no apparent reason with no regard for their lives.

5. Ector

Ector Hydra

You're right, I've forgot about Sprint. But you cannot get more than 1 copy unless you're going to take Trip, alas. Sprint, Team! isn't the Move 8 card, it's Push 8 card, and that's awesome! But, again, you aren't going to get more than 1 on a single item. That's why three Brutal Charges on a single boots are so good.

doog37 likes this.
  6. doog37

doog37 Hydra

No buff to Path Of Knives. It is a fantastic card that hurts my feelings a LOT. But seriously combo it with Force Cannon and it becomes a 10 point shot. Yes armor helps, but armor helps against EVERYthing not penetrating.
    I really like Brutal Charge if you can't get the legendary 3x version look for Diamond Moccasins. Give you 1 brutal 1 quick run and sparkling all for 1 blue. I try to use it in every build although not always able to use a token on boots and half the time I'd rather have the increasingly popular Team Run.

7. Stexe

That is because Force Cannon is OP, not because Path of Knives is.

8. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Yes, Pushback Parry, SCR and step attacks got their movement reduced, Force Cannon's move should be nerfed, too.

9. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Nah I think it (Force Cannon) is fine... The movement in pushback so it only works until there is a wall only in a linear direction, not a lot of control, like a Gusts of war. Gusts is 2 characters 2 spaces for a total of 4 and gives you much more control.
    Personally I think Winds of War should be move 3 but 1 character... but I think that ship has sailed.

10. Ector

Ector Hydra

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  11. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I am not the biggest Vamp fan. Personally I really like Sundering strike especially against Dwarves. but 2 2 point attacks is not great for a Legendary item even if they stab attacks. If it was 1 token I would be all over it, but then you probably wouldn't get the Greater Heal which really is great.

For the Shimmering I prefer the Shimmering Hood with the Quickness Aura which is also tokenless.

12. Ector

Ector Hydra

I guess all doubtful items should be skipped now...There are many items without any doubts to spend the gold on :)

wavy and hatchhermit like this.
  13. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

14. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Hackmaster is for sale! Totally OP! Instant rating boost!
    Nerf now!

[/sarcasm]

15. doog37

doog37 Hydra

i love the hackmaster, dont talk ill of the hackmaster. Hackmaster

16. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Now I'm confused. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on it, but what does it offer over everyone's favourite common, Bejewelled Shortsword? 60 total damage vs 56 + two step attacks ... I'm so confused.

17. doog37

doog37 Hydra

well only 1b1y instead of 2y tokens... the Almighty Hack is the single most powerful attack in the game.

18. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Until the next patch

19. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Not likely. It is on so few items that it's okay that the damage is that high. I'm also thinking of pulling the trigger on it. I'm going to farm a lot tonight and make my decision in the morning. I'll have to sell treasure, but if I sell it at Randimar's I can buy it back later. :)

20. Stexe

Why would they change it? Hackmaster is decent, but it is highly risky for what it is. Unless you have some really good stall deck to look for Almighty Hack it is better to just run Infused Greatclubs. What point is doing 20 damage when you're over killing them by that much?