The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I'd prefer Silver Fir Staff over Voltstaff. Still waiting to see it in shops...

2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Thanks for keeping the Daily Deal page updated Ector. I always check it to see if I need to refresh and get them or if I can wait. =)

3. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Farbs said in the lobby about new items:
    Nope, not beyond the tweaks and changes in the balance changes.
    I mean, one day sure maybe, but it's not actively being worked on.

4. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

5. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

lol, I was about to say...
    You'd be better off with anything else. Booming Ring, Bloody Bracelet, etc etc.
    You'd have to be crazy, or a collector to buy Amulet of Blades.

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I have a couple from loot drops. They're okay if you want POK and have a spare token.

7. Ector

Ector Hydra

Only legendary is worth your attention, eh? :) Today is the barbed day... I mean, the day of Barbed Platemail!

Cintxotl Mail - one of the best divine armors. Two very decent armor cards + light healing. A nasty surprise to those who thinks that a cleric is an easy prey, just for a blue token.
    Trogsbane - crap.
    Untrained Tactics - crap.
    Yolotli Armor - probably the best armor if you really want a dedicated armored warrior. Add some more Harnesses, and the enemy will receive 4 penetrating damage all the time :)
    Buy it just for fun if you don't have it yet, 100 gold isn't much. It may also help you in SP where the mindless bots will kill themselves on your spikes :)

doog37 likes this.
  8. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
    Sir Veza likes this.
  9. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Why do you compare divine armor to a heavy armor?

10. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Ah, I meant the Armor Of Tlacoa, of course. Fixed. Can't have a crossdressing cleric, can we?

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

With some of the robes and hats, I thought they always were. :confused:

Happenstance and doog37 like this.
  12. doog37

doog37 Hydra

So is that why my Amulet of Blades gathers dust? One of my first Legendary drops and the beggining of a long line of disappointing Legendaries.
    Ooo maybe that should be the name of my Football Fantasy team the Legendary Disappointments!
    Right now I names it the Lack-of-Thought Trolls.
    Was originally gonna go with Uthden Trolls, but only 2 guys in my league would get the reference (maybe 3).
    "Oi oi oi, me gotta hurt in 'ere, Oi oi oi, me smell a ting is near, Gonna bosh 'n gonna nosh 'n da hurt'll disappear."

NonPotableWater and Flaxative like this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I've always disapproved of these golgari trolls. Real trolls are made of earth!

14. Ector

Ector Hydra

The new day brings some really good stuff!

Beater - one of the best low-token weapons. I'd buy it if I wouldn't already have it and The Strongarm too.

Charring Staff - again, a nice staff. I've used it in SP when I didn't have better staves.
    Jackrabbit Shield - two Dodges for a blue token. I have better shields again :)
    Novice Stoutness - definitely a weak skill for a token.

I've grabbed only one treasure today: a second Vampire's Blade. Now I finally can build one vampire priest!

Stexe likes this.
  15. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

16. Ector

Ector Hydra

The new day is a day of Brutal Charge!

Boots Of Etzicatl - the dedicated boots of Brutal Charge, just for a blue token. I like the idea; even if you don't deal damage, moving 5 squares is still a great mobility.

Charging Boulder - a dwarven skill with Brutal Charge. Quite nice, especially after the rebalance (Shrug It Off became a cantrip).
    Dorimer's Boots - strange boots with great mobility, but for a yellow token.
    Untrained Tactics - crap.

For the beginners: there is Savvy Attacker, the only martial skill with Team Run. It's very popular and it can be yours just for 100 gold.

17. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I can't say I can endorse buying Boots of Etzicatl, but I definitely recommend Tochtli Boots. 50% less Brutal Charge, and only 1/5 of the price!

Once you have 2-3 Brutal Charge on your boots and 2-3 Flanking Move/Quick Run on your Elf (Perilous Agility, Evasion, Clever Mobility (!!) or Superb Footwork) , you can easily deal the full 10 damage with a Flanking Move cantrip + Brutal Charge combo. 10 unblockable crushing damage? Yes please!
    If you combined it with Necalli Cap the damage can get pretty nutty. Use to best effect on Riddle of the Gnome Lords. XD
    It seems silly but it's FUN.

Dorimer's Boots are nice for Vampires since it gives you Quick Run for big, short range attacks and Flanking Move for Spear attacks.
    There's cheaper options out there, though.

Untrained Tactics is probably the nicest tokenless Epic Human Skill, whatever that's worth.

wavy likes this.
  18. UiA

UiA Ogre

boots of etzicatl are pretty nice and worth a buy imo but thats neither here nor there because we have a new daily deal !!!!! AND ITS

Amulet Of Blades (again)

Axahot's Shield
    Dorimer's Boots
    Zachary's Boots

well amulet of blades elicits zero excitement for mostly everybody but maybe some enterprising person will pick up another and make THE ULTIMATE PATH OF KNIVES BUILD ! Axahot's shield is just overshadowed by so much other stuff for a (minortoken) dorimer's are pretty nice but already have some so I bought zachary's just due to that pretty exclamation mark showing an epic I didn't own yet, 2 violent spins and a junk card I'll prob never use em but oh well maybe someday

19. Accent

Accent Hydra

I honestly would like an Amulet Of Blades, but it's so far behind my Randimar's and other stuff I'd like in the future, that I'd need to drop a few legendary treasures this week to consider it.

I've had some success with Dorimer's Boots.

20. Ector

Ector Hydra

This is the nature of the game. Most really good, focused items are legendary; if you cannot afford them, you can play with less focused epic items, and sometimes the extra cards are good enough to justify that. Not this time though: I am not going to add Lunging Thrust to my deck instead of Brutal Charge! The very sense of Boots Of Etzicatl is the long-range movement, charge damage is just a nice bonus. How many Move 5 cards do you know? I know only Wild Run, which has a steep price, and Charge, which is strictly worse than Brutal Charge. Thus, I've bought the boots yesterday, and I'm happy with them.

This build could be good for SP, but not MP. It's too difficult to deal a lot of damage with Path of Knives.