The Daily Deal

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fry_The_Guy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Ector

Ector Hydra

Wow! Today is the wonderful Deal! This is the day of team sprinting :)

Bloody Command. One of the best skills in the game. The long-ranged movement became really precious after the rebalance, and Sprint, Team! is Push 8 for two characters, which is outstanding. The rest cards are very good too. I have two Bloody Commands, and now I will build the whole Bloody team! Buy it if you can, you won't regret. It's the best skill for a wizard or priest supporting two warriors, for instance. When you push both warriors 8 squares, the enemies start to die :)

Advanced Command. If you can't afford being bloody, you can buy this cheaper. But it's much worse, of course: humans have Run each turn, and having Bloodied Block instead is much better.
    Axamander's Ringmail. Worse than Untouchable Plate IMHO.
    Rantic's Orb Of Inner Fire. Very good burning item, well worth 500 gold.

There are good rares too. Rockshaft Atlatl is a nice weapon granting your characters armor and protection from positioning effects. Storm Circlet is a pretty decent tokenless Firestorm item, very good for the low-level farming. And Stormward Pauldrons is one of the best armors to combine with Enchanted Harness :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  2. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Bloody Command is the best Human Skill in the game, or at least the best Legendary Human skill by a long shot. The difference between Bloody Command and Advanced Command is clear; Bloodied Block functions as a "Block Any 1+" (Which is saying, 100% normally!) during any point in the game where you have lost health (which is almost the whole time). I think Bloodied Block is fantastic, so use items with it when you can.

As for Axamander's Ringmail/Old Saint's Armor/Untouchable Plate, they are all (minortoken) Divine Armors with 2X Arrogant Armor, and that's the most important part. You can't be whiny about which one is "the best". On a priest, the extra armor + healing of Untouchable Plate is desirable but I believe each armor has it's own (slight) advantages. Mostly, the best one is the one you have : P .
    PS: Thanks Axamander's Ringmail, you got me through the first couple months of CH.

Rantic's Orb is nice but catches flak from fire purists for having Acid Magic on one card. At least Boiling Armor works really well with fire!

3. UiA

UiA Ogre

bloody command was insta-buy for me, perfect replacement for advanced command which I've been using for ages. And now I'm nearly broke again :O

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I just realized that the holiday items may be coming back soon, and spent about an hour figuring out how much it would cost to buy all the ones I don't have yet, and... it's going to be expensive. Like, three-times-more-than-I've-ever-had-in-the-bank expensive. So I won't be buying anything more from Randi or DD until next year (if my will is strong enough).

5. Ector

Ector Hydra

I was the fire purist "throwing flak" at it. If you have 6 Instant Burns in your deck (which is just a supporting card for the other burning cards), you want ALL the rest cards to be either burning cards or traits. If you have no burning cards in your starting hand, that's a disaster.
    Nevertheless, it's hard to find the good items with all 3 burning cards, so Rantic's Orb is the best item with two burning cards and one non-burning :) I've bought one, but won't buy the second, since three yellow tokens are already spent on Staff Of Million Embers and Perfect Toughness.

6. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Wait, I thought the holiday items didn't contribute to your item total? I would never buy the holidary items, especially since I have most of their equivalents. I think there was Pumpkin Bomb, Werewolf Boots, [/ITEM]/Party Leader Hat, Holy Knight Armor (Wym's Fiery Pin, Garalem's Boots, Bloodfoot Robes, Untouchable Plate) along with a few other items. Nothing I would consider buying, anyways. I don't think I even HAVE any rare or better holiday items. Just a single Black Cat Buckler for my priest which I've had forever.

As for Pyrowiz, I mostly agree with you ector. Although if I had White Flame, I would never use Million Embers unless I had nothing else to use. At least Rantic's Orb is useful.

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

@neoncat's tools ignore them by default, but if you check the Undroppable box they'll certainly be counted. And if you're a completionist, you may want all variations of all items. Plus, there's at least one item I need for my next Most Stylish build.

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

So... what do we have here?
    Chartwell's Ring- My favorite Firestorm item. Want. But I don't use wizards in MP and I won't farm kobolds anymore...so...
    Dworia's Soulstone- It's an odd item, it fits into some niche places with St. Bethan's Charm/Black Token/Savage Tome/Ebony Prayer Beads as a good non-legendary (minortoken) item. It's not really an optimal item for 500g.
    Frozen Shield- It's a fun item, but as a proud owner of Azan's Icy Bulwark I can tell you that you won't use it often. So don't buy it.
    Sparking Shell- Competing with Wex's Mail and Sharp Shell, this is the kind of item you can get in droves if you beat every level 2-5 adventure regularily. Seeing as it is both not unique and somewhat easily droppable, it's not worth 500. More like a 480g loss guaranteed if you play this game for a good length of time.

9. Ector

Ector Hydra

I proclaim this day A Day of Obsolete Treasures! :)

I have it and was very happy with it, but it was before the rebalance. Now both Short Perplexion Ray and Firestorm are much worse, and I'm not going to buy the second Ring.

Again, the encumbrance was much stronger before the rebalance. Now you aren't going to pay a yellow token for it.

10. Ector

Ector Hydra

Today is the Wonderful Deal for Those Who Didn't Spent All His Gold Yet :)

Superb Trickery. The best Elven Trickery skill, having two copies. Elven Trickery was broken before the rebalance, now it's simply good. Is it good enough to pay 2500 gold - it's up to you to decide. I've bought one, and now I'm thinking about the second myself :) Can anybody tell me, if my elf uses Elven Trickery to move adjacent to two enemies, do they both discard the Attack cards?

Kerrick's Steel Boots. Very, very good armored boots for that price. I have Quellic's Boots, but still consider the purchase of Kerrick's, since I have only one copy. Or maybe I should wait for a second copy of Quellic's...
    Penteth's Orb. Again, a very good Firestorm item, especially for the farming. I have one and thinking about the second. Path Of Knives is very good in SP.
    Untrained Footwork. Crap.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  11. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

Yes - all adjacent enemies will discard...very useful for the first battle in Gladitorial Arena Finals for example.

12. Krodis

Krodis Mushroom Warrior

Hmm, this is a tough call with Superb Trickery. If it was pre patch i would grab it without hesitation but now i dont think Elven Trickery is powerful enough to validate switching to elves. I.E. i think this would collect dust in my inventory. If it were 3 Elven Trickery then i would grab it for the consistency/ specific build potential but as of right now i have all the SP items i need and would rather save money for MP items.

13. Ector

Ector Hydra

If it would be 3 Elven Trickery, it would probably cost a yellow token, alas :) Don't you think that Wild Run is also good enough, especially on the first turn, when you want to grab the victory area immediately?
    Also, do you think that Superb Trickery isn't competitive enough in MP? If that's right, then the elves are unplayable again, and that's very sad...

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Elves get played plenty in MP now I think. Elven Trickery is still a good card (just less absurd), and Elves have other things going for them :)

15. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Elven Trickery makes it fairly easy to sneak between two enemies and force them both to discard, even wizards. Don't forget that warrior/wizard decks are normally 50% or more attacks. And it's unblockable.
    I'll admit it doesn't have the crazy utility it used to in SP (where it could discard 12+ cards on certain maps!) or in MP (where it could ruin enemy warriors!) but it is still a good card.

I'll admit that I don't like Wild Run on an elf, ever. At least if it was Dangerous Maneuver or Flanking Move... but oh well.
    If there was a Focused Trickery (level 18 , 3X Elven Trickery) that would be an item worth buying.

Thing is , there are plenty of good elf skills out there, even tokenless ones now (gasp!) so no worries.

Having Kerrick's Steel Boots (2X Reliable Mail) comes in handy for sure. Having 3 comes in handy too; but I'm going to hope for Quellic's Boots to drop. XP

I don't like Penteth's Orb. What you pay for is Reflexive Teleport and what you get is Path Of Knives and Firestorm.
    I would much rather use Banik's Bubbling Bauble (which is insanely useful!) and a Booming Ring, Bloody Bracelet, etc or Bloodfoot Robes (assuming I lack Firehide Robes).
    Also there is Morbo's Pendant, Magma Sceptor, Crown Of Mad Eskin. All [(minortoken)] Firestorm items with better cards.

Untrained Footwork comes from an age when there was no such thing as a decent tokenless elf skill besides Perilous Agility. Today, it stands as a tokenless skill without any drawbacks, although Cautious Mobility is still much more useful.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

People, people, people.... skills with 3x a trait are named Focused! The Perfect skills often do not contain any duplicate cards.

17. Ector

Ector Hydra

Well, I finally decided to skip Superb Trickery since I already have one and have absolutely no plans for an elven party :) Hope I won't regret that in the future...

Yes, Reflexive Teleport isn't brilliant, but it saved my mage thousand times, when the enemies surrounded her. I am talking just about SP, of course.

18. Ector

Ector Hydra

The new Deal... but who cares? Everybody is appraising their new Randimar's stuff :)

Bloody Stoutness. Personally I like it very much. Two good blocks are always welcome for a dwarf warrior, as well as Blind Rage. Dwarves don't have many good skills with two blocks; that's why I'm usually playing Advanced Toughness when I cannot spend a yellow token on Perfect Toughness. So this skill is tempting... but is it worth 2500 gold?

Axahot's Shield. Not very good for Flimsy Block. Plus, I have three already :)
    Cottonwood Staff. Too little damage to my taste. Even for a tokenless staff.
    Impervious Panoply. Very, very good armor, especially for an elf. Not as good as Bern's Untouchable Mail, but prevents more damage.

19. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

My bad on Focused Trickery. To be fair, Perfect skills are always level 18 whilst Focused Skills have 3X a trait EXCEPT Focused Burning. Which is silly. Other weird things? Electroporter Novice and Varied Combustion are the only other skills with 3 traits.
    For that matter, Focused only applies to class skills.
    Based on the precedent set by Evasion, I can only assume that such a skill with 3X Elven Trickery would be called "Trickery". That sounds kind of lame though and is probably wrong. Maybe call it "Mischief"? "Trickiness"?

Onto the Daily Deal! I love Bloody Stoutness, as mentioned two fantastic blocks for a blue token. Could you imagine it with two Bloodied Blocks and one Blind Rage? Level 6 tokenless? That would be sick!
    Advanced Toughness and Trained Toughness are two of my favorite blocking dwarf skills. Overall, I use Bloody Stoutness more but I prefer to use Raging Battler/Ferocity on my warrior, and Perfect Stoutness when I can spare a major token.

Impervious Panoply is a very useful item, buy one if you have none!

One thing I must mention about Impervious Panoply and Bloody Stoutness is, unlike Perfect Stoutness/Bern's Untouchable Mail, they are flexible for the token cost and can be used throughout most of campaign.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  20. Ector

Ector Hydra

As long as I didn't have Bloody Stoutness before, and still have no Raging Battler/Ferocity (and only one Raging Rock, alas) it's an instant buy for me. Bought!
    BTW, I'm not a big fan of double-Blind Rage skills for a dwarf warrior. It's quite possible to take a decent damage from it at start of the game, if you won't draw enough moves to reach the enemy. This can be mitigated with the step attacks, of course, but they aren't as powerful as they were, so you cannot have a lot of them...

Right, that was another reason for me to buy the Bloody Stoutness. Not sure about the armor though... does anybody play warriors in SP?