That's a new strategy . . .

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Sir Knight, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I just used a Minor Heal on an enemy in order to trigger and eliminate its block card. The enemy was at full health; one move later, it's dead.

Zalminen, SurgeonFish and Scyrax like this.
  2. tangmcgame

tangmcgame Mushroom Warrior

Just for those wanting to use this, it won't work if there are no allies in range unless you turn off the autoselect option.

3. Sir Knight

Oh, it was essential to turn off autoselect. For those who don't know, hold the control key (or equivalent on Mac) when clicking your card.

4. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Haha, sneaky. I always forget to do this.

5. Ryuuji

Ryuuji Orc Soldier

Just hope he doesnt fail his block :D

6. Sir Knight

Like I said: enemy at full health to start. That's when I'd cast Bad Medicine on an enemy, too, but I didn't have one drawn.

7. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

I've done this a few times. Its effective in removing problem cards before a heavy attack

8. Sir Knight

You know, I went "Yes!' when I used that above technique. Now I've gone "Yes!" again.

This time, my Priest had Unholy Frenzy available. A goblin had one health. I figured there was nothing to lose, so I cast it on the goblin: hey, I'd killed enemies (imps) this way before. But what happened was that the goblin's Reflect Missile card succeeded and applied the Frenzy card to my Priest. The goblins thereby made their problem worse: melee gets through more of their blocks than magic does.

Or, in brief, I used a "non-self-targetable" card on my Priest's "self."

HAH.

Zalminen and mightymushroom like this.