Tearing a Hole in the Fabric of Cardhuntria

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fifjunior7, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Today a hole has opened up in space-time continuum of Cardhuntria, defying all conventional laws of physics.

It all started when some mad scientist wondered if an infinite move existed, a Cardhunter reaction that would last forever.

Ingredients needed:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

+

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1. Move a character into a corner, but make sure he still has space to move around a bit.
    2. Cast flash of floods to prevent escape.
    3. Cast Path of Knives on the victim.
    4. Place a good ol' beacon under or beside him.
    5. Let the chaos commence when he moves.

Here's How it Works

When the character moves, it triggers Path of Knives. Path of knives does 2 damage, but the 2 raging strikes in our hand adds 6, dealing a total of 8. The harness combo then prevents 7 damage, but at the same time Sparkling Cloth Armor is triggered as well as Holy Armor. The Holy Armor heals back up the 1 damage you took, then the Hypnotic Beacon moves you randomly with the Sparkling Cloth, dealing more Path of Knives, which is promptly healed, then you move again, and...

What we have here is a reaction that will last forever.

CH Ultimate Sparkling Troll.PNG

2. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

Someone bring this elf a Nobel Prize!

3. slowreflex

slowreflex Goblin Champion

Does it always move you? Can't a hypnotic beacon keep you where you were?

ParodyKnaveBob and timeracers like this.
  4. Fry

Fry Ogre

Now you just need to attach a turbine to that character to create unlimited clean energy!

5. It would be wondrous if we could easily test situations like these on the test server.

6. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

For a bit of added fun, you could use Martyr Blessing; although I guess that wouldn't be as impressive now that there is a draw limit. Perhaps you could get a Mimetic Armor in there using Battlefield Training... but then you might need more damage increases to balance that... perhaps Vulnerable.

7. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Maybe we could get another infinite loop by using Spiked Mail to prevent damage from ... Spiked Mail.
    I haven't tested it yet, but please stick to the test sever if you want to check this. No one would want the main sever to crash due to someone doing some reckless testing.

Edit: damage from spiked mail is not melee, so it is not sent back. This would not work.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  8. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Oh? This was done on the main server.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Agreed :)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  10. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

I have done a couple of infinity machines on the test server with a different simpler preparation. I used Crude Plates with an Enchanted Harness for the movement generator, which is much easier to get.
    My first machine used Path Of Knives with an ennemy's Hypnotic Beacon (I blocked the exit with another character).
    The second one, although it is not bound to be infinite, is simpler to get since it does not require the ennemy to play an Hypnotic Beacon. I just used a guillotine trap (hard mode). Two Blade Bouquets were enough to freeze the game.

I just had to say this before you may put Ready to Strike in the game.