Swiss-style CO-OP Tournament Info/Sign-up!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Jade303, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'll be distributing prizes within the next couple hours. Thanks @Jade303 for running this event :)

2. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Quote from the feedback thread....so the team that had the member that admitted to breaking the only rule of the tournament gets a prize? That's cool.

Fifjunior7, Magic Elves and Stexe like this.
  3. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

He ran Luke's Iron Hand but probably could have run Ring of Appropriation instead. Granted that has 1 Gusts of Wind over TK, which *might* have made a difference... but probably not.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  4. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Ultimately, I don't care if they receive a prize or not.
    If they did, however, it would make me wary to enter another tournament in the future.

5. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I read that, but it is BlackVoid, so i hardly take this bit serious. Do we have log copies or something? How was that rule enforced in the first place?

6. Stexe

You don't care but then you mention you do care...?
    I was in the game we caught him cheating. Jade303 said it wasn't a big deal because he could have easily substituted it out for Ring of Appropriation. We won the match anyway 6-1 and they are getting prizes not for winning but just for participating from what I recall.

BlackVoidDeath and Flaxative like this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I've distributed the prizes. Like Stexe said the Arzeny team is just receiving a participation prize. Glad that there wasn't much drama :)

8. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

So if they aren't getting the prizes for winning, does fourth place get them?

9. Stexe

Huh? They got prizes from the random drawing of those who participated and didn't win from what I recall.

10. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

It's not the prize itself, it's the act of presenting the prize to a team that broke the rules. Whatever the prize is, that's not my concern. It could be $1,000,000 worth of pizza, or $1.00. It's the thought that a team that broke the rules would still get any sort of recognition in an event that is troubling, in my opinion.

That being said, if it's no big deal, I guess I'll just line up multiple legendary items, as long as I can swap them out easily for something else, for the next tournament with this restriction.

11. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Whoops, disregard my thoughts.

12. Stexe

I'd say it would be troubling if they were getting pizza or a prize for winning. But they aren't. I understand where you're coming from, but it was an honest mistake. Definitely I'd be with you if they got prizes directly from the cheating, but they didn't.

13. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I suppose my grandfather's mantra of 'cheaters never prosper' has stuck with me to this day; I suppose I'm a stickler for that sort of thing.

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

As I see it, it should have resulted in forfeiting the game. As long as they don't gain from the game where the cheating occurred, I believe the mantra is upheld.

15. Stexe

Cheaters who know they are cheating. He made a mistake -- it wasn't an attempt to abuse the system to do better. Intent is everything.

Sir Veza likes this.
  16. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Actually rules have nothing to do with intent. It doesn't work like that.

There's little point with having rules in the first place, if there's no meaningful aftermath for breaking them.

Anyway, whatever. After all, I don't see why it should matter to me if it doesn't to the ones responsible for managing the tournament and/or handing out prizes and.

17. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

If any anyone is worried about my deck i had 5 telekinesis and 3 gusts of war - from x2 Ring Of Apporation and x1 Banik's Bubbling Bauble. so without the iron hand so i think it doesnt/didnt make too much of a difference.
    But sorry again :oops:

18. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

And at least i admitted and not said "i dont know what you are talking about i have 4 Ring Of Apporation and 100 tk so its totality not luke's iron hand!!! no,no,no!!!" :p

19. I don't think the 1 Legendary limit was enforceable from the start. It would be very hard to tell if someone was using two of the same kind of legendary. More options would be required from a game engine point of view if this ever is a rule again.

Bandreus and timeracers like this.
  20. I don't appear to have received any prizes. I was a substitute for team Gulo Gulo and played all 3 matches in the co-op tournament.