Swiss-style CO-OP Tournament Info/Sign-up!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Jade303, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Don't count anyone out yet! I've seen many people in-game, and it looks like most everyone is going to show up tomorrow (including bionerd I would say), so game on!

*EDIT* All team captains have registered on Challonge!

Farbs likes this.
  2. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

So, are you done switching the match pairings around?

3. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Hmm? I haven't done any switching. Only checking to see if all the teams are signed up.

Check in starts at 30 mins before the first round, and your team must be ready by 15 to! Good luck everyone!

4. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I'm sorry, but I think it's perfectly legit for people to record any game and upload it however they want.

Blue Manchu specifically gave permission to upload video content to services like youtube and the like, and your own games pretty much are Blue Manchu's property, (haven't checked the terms of service/AULA specifically, nor am I a layer, but I'm reasonably sure you can't advance any claim over anything you do inside CH).

For instance, you're not even being given an option to prevent other players from spectating your own games, if you don't feel like it.

I don't want to sound like a dick or anything, but content from events like this one being uploaded to video-sharing sites is among the best form of advertisement the game could hope for, so I hope you understand something like this actually helps CH grow in a very practical way.

Regarding the "splitting revenue" part (and I know that was likely meant as a joke, but alas) I hardly doubt any unofficial CH-related gameplay video will churn enough views for even a single penny to be generated as revenue.

Other than that, sadly I wont be able to jump in and record anything (I'm real sick :(), so you can at least be assured I won't upload any game including any of you two as players.

Flaxative and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  5. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Bandreus, while I agree with you wholly, I don't believe that anyone was serious about not wanting their games recorded. It's more like, no one wants to be seen losing a game : P

I would be happy to record the matches but I'll be jumping around too much, plus my computer lags way too much to record anything watchable.

Bandreus likes this.
  6. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Get well soon.
    And stop getting worked up over nothing.

Bandreus likes this.
  7. MathuranF

MathuranF Lizardman Priest

hmm... don't know if I can log in to cardhunter through the notary link, as I signed up through kong with a facebook linked pw.

8. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I hope you feel better.

I just don't enjoy anyone spectating any of my games, I find it very distracting. As an introvert, a constant stream of conversation in the chat box gets me frustrated and exhausts me, to be perfectly honest. That's why I rarely respond to anything from anyone during a match.

However, I know it's out of my control and I have no say in the matter. That's why I humbly asked, and didn't demand. If there will be a bunch of people talking and watching each of the matches I play in, I will deal with it. I'll likely play horribly, but I will deal with it. C'est la vie.

And again, get better soon. Being sick is no fun.

Sir Veza, Robauke and Bandreus like this.
  9. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Turn your sound down to minimum so you cant hear anyone, then everyone will be happy! - we will watch vids, and you wont be distracted :D
    And get well soon! ;)

10. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

As an FYI, the third member of our team has not been on the forums or played the game since 02/10/2015. We may be looking for a substitute for this competition.

11. I should be around to fill in as a substitute, done some practice too with a few teams.

12. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Our third member was a human warrior, so if you have one of those, I'm happy to substitute you in. However, I do not know if I have the power to do that.

13. Does it *have* to be a Human Warrior?

14. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I think the teams were set up based on HP, so I'd assume it has to be either a human warrior or and dwarf priest with 29 HP. But again, this is not my call, I think.

15. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Kobold

Yea, I also got a human warrior I can do, so you'd be able to choose between Dwarf Priest or Human Warrior, as that was our team's original setup.

16. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

[CO-OP TOURNY]
    Listen up! If your team is missing a player, you may get a substitute!
    It's probably too much to expect subs to have the exact same character, but closer is better.
    [CO-OP TOURNY]
    But if they show up in the next 20 minutes then add them to your team.
    [CO-OP TOURNY]
    If they are later than 20-25 minutes, they can play the next rounds (at your team's discretion).
    [CO-OP TOURNY]
    I expect there to be a few players who show up at the last possible second, so be prepared

17. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Yay 8th place! can we get a comforting prize for last place? :(

Stexe likes this.
  18. bionerd

bionerd Kobold

Fun tournament! I'm looking forward to more of them :)

19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Speaking of prizes when are we going to get them?
    EDITED.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    Robauke likes this.
  20. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Who?

I died a few times during the event -- he just thought I didn't because he missed it.