Swiss-style CO-OP Tournament Info/Sign-up!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Jade303, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Latheviosin

Latheviosin Orc Soldier

Ok, let's say for now I will play a dwarf warrior. Btw, is it ok if a team uses skype calls etc?

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  2. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

As far as I know, I should be able to participate. And I only have Human Wizards, so I will have to use one of those. If it's a random choice of class and race, I will have to bow out, as I have no items for other classes. If I had to play another race, I could perhaps do so, but I'd just have to pick up a racial skill on the fly.

3. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

whereabouts?

4. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

What Jade, no deaths (Priest) award? :p

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I think coop teams have voice chat 'built into' the game right now.

6. Latheviosin

Latheviosin Orc Soldier

Voice chat? So we speak, or write? We need the former, to save time and communicate more freely. After all, I can see no potential for abuse of oral chat.

7. Fireball1012

Fireball1012 Kobold

I am definantly in Class is human priest in game name is Fireball1012

8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Edited main post again. You can use any method of team communication.
    Also, there is now a World Time Event link you can use if you are unsure of when the tournament is in your timezone.

Magic Elves and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  9. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Am I not registered? Wah-wah.

10. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome Orc Soldier

I'm in using a human priest my name is ShadowStalker

11. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

i am game. Seems theres no elf warrior yet, so let me plug that.

Edit: the name is Rовauке

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    Flaxative likes this.
  12. BlackVoidDeath

what country are you from?

13. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

ShadowStalker? That's your IGN? Out of curiousity, why is your forum name different?

14. BlackVoidDeath

Is there still space left for me? - if yes then i will decide if i want to play, what character to use and if i want to be a captain. Please tell me soon i WANT to participate and i THINK i can - maybe i will have to go somewhere but thats unlikely :) (because the actual tournament is not soon)
    Another question is where did you get the prizes @Jade303 - and does the team captain distribute the prizes or do YOU just give them out equally to each player or does the team captain get a special/extra prize(s)?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  15. bionerd

bionerd Kobold

Sign me up for it. I'll be playing a human priest.

16. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

OK so we still have about a dozen slots left to fill to make 8 teams, and I hope to fill a bunch of them tomorrow since hey, if you're playing card hunter one Saturday you might be playing next Saturday.

The purpose of asking people to volunteer to be Team Leaders just makes it easier to co-ordinate and get teams signed up on Challonge.
    If it makes you feel special that's all good, but really the purpose is just for that. The incentive is, if you're a Team Leader you're responsible for having your team ready to play. :)

I'm more or less responsible for doling out prizes, with Jon's help. The entire team will share the spoils of victory equally; with two possible caveats. One is, if you are a member of a guild that splits prizes you personally may end up sharing your pizza. The other one is, you may end up randomly receiving a prize because you did something cool. No promises yet!

The exact prizes will be announced on Thursday after registration for all teams is closed.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  17. BlackVoidDeath

OK! :D thanks for clarifying that - so my name is same as here @BlackVoidDeath and i will decide on my character... today because i need to mix and match some characters and items.
    Some other questions mostly about the rules:
    How will you manage that? - will @Jon help or will you just have to trust us? - because that would be unfair on some people (i trust most of the people who have signed-up already)
    Another question about this rule: is there a max amount of epics/rare that we can take?
    Another - is it ok to take more than 1 legendary if we have more than 1 of it? :p
    Do we have to sign-up to here right now, later or will you put our names in?
    What if someone drops-out in our team? will we be disqualified or will we just have to find an extra person from chat? (because if this carrys on for 4.5 hours or more then i will have to drop-out which is unlikely because i cant imagine 7 games going on for more than 3 hours)
    You still havnt answered where you got the prizes and who thought of this idea - not organised because i know you did that part :p

Sorry about the questions but i need this to be clarified before i chose my character or even not play...

18. Eren

Eren Orc Soldier

Edit: can't show, please remove me.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  19. GerOge

GerOge Kobold

I'm in! Human Priest

20. dswiller

dswiller Kobold

I would LOVE to play in this tourny but with my job, :( im on call so wont know till the day of or the day before. Maybe put me as an alternative for a drop out if we can work it that way. but if I am able to, my IGN is dswiller and i will play with a human priest.

In the event that I can play I volunteer to be a team lead

also when will teams be announced

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015