[SUGGESTIONs] A few card modifications

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by BlackVoidDeath, Aug 22, 2017.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Just a few card modifications I thought of and decided to suggest:

Penetrating Stab
    Penetrating Stab compared to Impaling Stab is obviously a worse choice, and even though it is worth less points to an item they are both still gold quality, in addition to that I would still take Potent Stab over Penetrating Stab even if it was also silver quality (lets not even mention Strong Stab).
    I suggest changing the Penetrating Stab effects to be identical to Sundering Strike, that way you could have a range 2 gold sunder which would highly increase the play-ability of the card without making it op (remember its still gold quality and less damage than the silver sundering strike).
    Edit: It would also suit the card art a bit more :)

Devastating Spark / Deadly Spark
    Devastating Spark compared to Deadly Spark? I mean its not even a question that deadly spark is better and as before even though it is worth a lot more than Devastating Spark they are both still silver quality. Then if you compare Potent Spark to Mighty Spark you can sort of see the fairness in them (even if Potent to Deadly does, but thats a topic for another time).
    I suggest buffing Devastating Spark to 5 damage and hard to block 3 and/ or nerfing Deadly Spark to 4 damage (which as a major Deadly Deadly player I dont know why I am suggesting).

Kindler / Firestarter
    Do I even have to say anything? Duration 2 Burning 1 vs Duration 3 Burning 2, who in the right mind would take Kindler over Firestarter unless they have an extreme drawing build and want to have both traits at once (which I have never seen) but anyway back to the point, even though Kindler is worth less than Firestarter they are both bronze and there are no items that make Kindler a better option than Firestarter.
    I suggest simply swapping the duration effects around, making Kindler Duration 3 Burning 1 and Firestarter Duration 2 Burning 2, leaving Firestarter as a more powerful option but Kindler kind of playable.

Just a few suggestions I had out of nowhere, so thats all for now folks hf out there.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

@neoncat is the only one I know who purposely ran both Firestarter and Kindler, and he did it in an attempt to cycle off Combustible on his Firestorm farming teams. I used the old 3-trait Electroporter Novice for the same reason. Traits are sometimes important to me, but usually it's all about the cycling.

I'd prefer to see Devastating bumped rather than Deadly nerfed, and I'd be more likely to use Penetrating Stab if it destroyed armor. Still, the game needs junk cards to keep the loot chase going.

tolkien likes this.
  3. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

[​IMG]

DARK MAGIC, Sir Veza and Maniafig like this.
  4. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

'Tis funny how Flak basically apologized for Scamper upon buffing Muscle Through from Move 2 to Move 3. $:^ | Now, if Scamper had some other effect... (Like how Shield Block got buffed to compete with Defender's Block...)

It could be argued that Deadly Spark is harder to use because Linear can hit your own teammates. Still, the damage and Hard to Block discrepencies, hmmm.

Penetrating Stab might need to be renamed, and of course it'd stop getting Impaler buffs, but I'd be okay with Puncturing Stab or Ripping Stab or Barbed Stab or Lacerating Stab or something to make it fit, sure.

Varied Combustion can be nice like Electroporter Novice used to be nice -- stacked traits which synergize. Nevertheless, for the same cost? Yech. I really like your idea of swapping the durations if nothing else! (I'd never even noticed they had different durations. That's painful.)