{Suggestion}The Gautlet-PVE

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by tuknir, Nov 6, 2013.

1. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

I think it would be a nice addition to the pve part of the game: a gautlet daily battle

Rules:
    -10 arena-battles against different group of mobs/ai.

-4 and 7 win would give a gold chest (like in pvp) and the 10 win a purple chest.

-It is NOT possible to change chars and/or equipment during the gautlet

-Only possible to do it once a day

-Its a continuous battle, meaning that if you win battle 6 with your elf warrior with 14hp,he starts battle 7 with 14 hp, that also means that if one of your chars dies at battle 4 it stays death the rest of the gautlet

-If you lose in any level you have 2 more try's, if you lose those also you must start over the gautlet

Subjective rules:

-I know it would be hard, so maybe at some lvs your team would recover some hp in the beginning(like 4hp or something?)

spacedust likes this.
  2. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

Something like this in general would be great, but these two would just make it so people would go with 1-2 priests and keep one enemy alive at the end of every battle, then just run around healing the team only killing the enemy after everybody was at full health. Encouraging that sort of busywork is bad design, so might as well make the team start every game at full health.

I'd find it a lot more fun if you could change equipment, since that is sort of part of the core of this game. Characters can't be swapped midway in any other adventure either so that'd be fine restriction.

3. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Might also want to add a round/time limit of some sort. This sort of challenge tends to get broken when you bring a healer and someone else who can pin down the last enemy in each map with something like encumber. The final rounds become a lot of sitting around drawing heals so that you start the next round at full health, when part of the challenge is supposed to be that the combat never gets a break in it like that. The best way I've seen it done is when the rounds are actually adds getting thrust into the arena with you on a round-based timer, and everything's done as a single consecutive battle where victory and rewards are based off of what round you can survive until.

4. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

i just tought it would be nice to have a deck geared in general, not just for a individual battlenot for just some specific battle, and avoid cheesy all firestorm decks (because some battles would have fire resistent mobs). Well maybe start each battle at full health but i think would be cool that a char that dies stays death during the gautlet, so would be alot more tatical battles