[Suggestion] tag friends: "Why the hack is player <insert name here> in my friend list???"

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by PhoenixTheHunter, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Hey community,

if I missed an older/existing thread targeting this issue, then please point me there, I haven't found one.

I have joined Card Hunter less than half a year ago. My friend-list is already overcrowded, nevertheless. I admit that it is up to my personal strategy of who to add to this list and the problem wouldn't arise if I would use a different approach. But I guess that others will have a similarly large or even larger friend-list. And if I'm not able to organize my friends in any particular way, the only way of maintaining a manageable list will be to drop most of the listed friends. And the given friend-ordering-strategy (I assume the players who registered first, come first in the list) isn't particularly helpful, either.

As I don't want to delete friends I want to suggest one possible way of managing this list. I thought about suggesting multiple friend-lists but that would be more confusing than helpful. But what if we were able to tag friends? The easiest way (for the devs) would be pre-made tags. The best - because universal - way of offering pre-made tags would be color-tags. What it means that some friend is tagged yellow or blue is up to you. Pre-made textual tags would be difficult in general as every player will have different approaches of how to tag friends. I would prefer to have user-defined (textual) tags but this is definitely a nice-to-have.

But I have three requests:
    • I want to be able to multi-tag friends - assigning multiple tags to one friend
    • If a limit is needed because of technical reasons, then please don't limit the number of tags to two for example. (But I don't know what a perfect number of tags is.) This applies both to the number of all tags I can assign and to the number of tags I can assign to one friend.
    • Being able to filter my friend-list according to the assigned tags would be great.

As I said, this is only one approach to manage the friend-list but it is imho the best trade-off for both devs and players. I would be happy to hear other thoughts on this topic.

Greetings, Phoenix

ParodyKnaveBob and Macizo like this.