[Suggestion] Swag Store, Printable Cardhunter, Board Game

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by tolkien, Jan 2, 2017.

1. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

1. We have long since needed a Cardhunter Swag store. I suggest partnering with a retailer to sell items like shirts, beanies, mugs, card-sleeves, playmats, deck boxes, dice bags, keychains, iphone cases, and free giveaway stickers or buttons. Any capital needed for this venture could be written off as advertising. Perhaps one could even pay with pizza for these.
    2. Partner with a printer to create a Print my Deck/ Print my Board feature. Even if there wasn't a possibility of actually playing the tabletop game, this still might be something that people would want to purchase. This would involve creating a Print my Deck button in the keep, then a price confirm. What would be printed and sent would be MtG quality cards along with little plastic or cardboard figures of the accompanying skins, and 3 racial moves per character. (Perhaps one could additionally purchase decks of negative traits, positive traits, laser attacks, laser malfunctions, zombie deck, vampire deck, spirit deck, and werewolf deck. Perhaps terrain chips would add a surcharge or be another add-on available for purchase.) Additionally, a print my board button could be added within the map creator, perhaps limited to contiguous boards beneath a certain size: 15x15 for example. (It's probably a little far off to imagine a print my monster deck option, where a budding Dungeon Master could create the mobs and their respective decks in order to run a D&D experience.)
    3. Kickstart/Gofundme/Cardhunter community crowdsource the tabletop game. I imagine printing two double-sided multiplayer boards, 9-12 cardboard character cut outs with bases, 9-12 decks featuring all of the racial combinations, 3 racial move cards per character, a rulebook, corresponding terrain chips, and 6 playsheets for organizing each character's deck, lifetotal, attachments, draw count and score. (Perhaps include die for lifetotal management.) I imagine this being packaged in a Dominion-esque box.
    I recommend starting with character sets like the adventurers, citadel, and stormbringers for examples of basic balanced characters that have been playtested.

tghy71 likes this.
  2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

+1

$:^ J

(Probably many of us have thought, what if CH had a store, but I hadn't even thought of Pizza being a payment option, lol.)

tolkien likes this.
  3. haho

haho Orc Soldier

I have a vague recollection of maybe an old blog post(?) where they did print some decks, but I think was only for employees though. I don't think there could be an exact 1:1 translation, b/c each map for each level is different/unique. Anyways, it might happen. Just like the rogue class might one day happen too :p

[​IMG]

4. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Ah, the rogue class. How about 3 weapons, a divine item, an arcane item, boots, racial, and rogue skill? That way blu manchu only has to introduce one new type of item.

5. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

[​IMG]
    elf rogue2.jpg
    elf rogue3.jpg
    elf rogue4.jpg
    elf rogue5.jpg
    elf rogue6.jpg
    elf rogue7.jpg
    elf rogue8.jpg
    I had nothing better to do with my time.

40c_rudy likes this.