[Suggestion] Small shop improvements: "New" icon, item stacks

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Martin K, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

We'll get a big improvement to the inventory interface with the next build, but here are two small improvements I'd like to see:

- "New" Icon -

You can already use the filter to know which items are new (i.e. which ones you haven't bought yet), but it would be great to always have this info on first sight. I'm using the shop a lot, mostly through the "new" filter, but I also use "all" to check for items I want a second or third of. For example, I'm still looking for Electroporter Novice #3. But when using the "all" filter, I'm sometimes tempted to buy items I already have 3 or 4 of. With 1000+ items, it's hard to remember everything.

Suggestion: Please add a little "New" icon (similar to new cards that you haven't used in the game yet) in the top right corner for each item that you don't have in your inventory yet.

Note: Ideally, this should ignore items that you just sold to the shop. At the moment, such items, particularly treasure, shows up when you use the new filter. It follows the button's logic, but it's unlikely that you want to buy a Kraktopus Oil back if you just sold all of them.

- Item stacks -

Psychology teaches us that adults can only correctly guess the number of items when there are less than four or five. (Children are a little better)
    In Card Hunter, there are a few items that you want 12 of, namely some Arcane Items. Others you want to sell off once you hit 3, 6 or 9. Right now, the number of items is extremely hard to tell in the interface.

Suggestion: For items where you have more than 3, please only display 3. Group them together and add how many you have as a little number in the top right corner.

* When you drag a stacked item from the window, the stack number is reduced by one.
    * When you drag an item into the window which is already stacked, the stack appears where you dropped it, number increased by 1.
    * When you drag a third item into the window, a stack of 3 appears where you dropped it, the other two items are moved to the stack.
    * When you drag the third item from a stack, the stack is disbanded, and two individual items are placed there.

Benefit 1: The total inventory will be much shorter when you have a lot of multiple items
    Benefit 2: It's much easier, much quicker and more fail safe to sell off excess inventory

2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

I would prefer a single item in all cases, with a little number attached. Also, a filter-by-quantity would be great for selling off excess items.

cpu70 and Flaxative like this.
  3. Lusus121

Lusus121 Goblin Champion

You're saying there's a word filter that only brings up items you don't own yet?

4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

It's the "New" state of the toggle button in the shops (usually displaying "All", 2nd state "Usable"). If you hover the mouse over the button in the "New" state you can see the detailed explanation for it. You probably already knew this, I suspect. There is no keyword for unowned items.

Lusus121 likes this.
  5. Lusus121

Lusus121 Goblin Champion

Wow, I never realized that existed. That'll save me some time. Thanks!

6. cpu70

cpu70 Kobold

Like neoncat also said, it would be preferable to always display one item with the actual quantity shown in the top right corner.

Also, in the shop inventory, display in the top right corner of the item on sale the quantity you own, so it will be really fast to determine if you need a specific item. (searching for the 3rd Electroporter Novice, for example).

Flaxative likes this.