[Suggestion] Set "reconnection to the game" as higher priority

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Hammyman, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Hammyman

Hammyman Kobold

I'm pretty sure it's more important for many players to be able to reconnect than devs think.

I'm having 1 second net loses sometimes and it's really disturbing to not be able to reconnect to the game.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

+1

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

ibid

Flaxative likes this.
  5. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

Yes please yes please yes please

Flaxative likes this.
  6. Nim

Nim Mushroom Warrior

This is a big deal.

It took World of Warcraft nearly four years to allow reconnecting to Arena games. Please don't take that long!

Flaxative likes this.
  7. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

yes i agree, but hope that works too with freaking flash crashes

Flaxative likes this.
  8. I'm a bit torn on this subject. On one hand it would be nice to have this feature, but on the other hand it would mean we do not get some other features. Devs have limited amount of time so it's all about choices. We all want this feature but do we want some other feature even more?

If I had a choice, I'd rather see something else. The reason for this is that this is not a problem with the game itself, it's a problem with your internet service provider. If you fix your internet, you fix the problem. I do realize that for many it's not an option and I do understand how frustrating it can be to lose matches because of a crappy connection.

I don't know about the stats, but if this was a very common problem that affected a big portion of players, then it should definitely be at the top of the to-do-list. But if it's only a small percentage of players, like I assume it is based on the fact that I have seen it happen only once, it should go at the bottom of to-do-list. Might sound a bit cruel but priorities like this are important for the big picture.

I was also thinking about how this would affect game security. I don't know exactly how these things work, but I do know that hackers like to exploit these disconnect/connect things. I'm just 100% guessing of course, but it could be one of the reasons why it took Blizzard almost 4 years to do this.

9. MadReefer

MadReefer Kobold

+1 Hope to see this in near future, just found out about Card Hunter was out from closed beta! Love it so just not love my bad connection.

Flaxative likes this.