{suggestion} - re: drawing from random card pool

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Christofff, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

So, the fact that howl can draw monster /all out attack, I feel is overpowered.

Likewise, I keep seeing the card Vampire's Kiss and think, if only this card didn't give opponent the chance to randomly draw swarm of bats, i feel comfortable using it in a dedicated cantrip vampire build, especially against warriors with pesky armor. But sadly, its just another card for the junk heap, i have never seen it in play at high rank games.

I was thinking one way you could improve both these situations is, where it says "...create a random vampire card in player's hand", to simply have the word Random as an Underlined keyword text, then when you hover it says, "Draw a silver quality card or less from the availalbe card pool" or something similar.

I think most players know what silver quality means and if not perhaps someting could be added to the tutorial.

I just feel strongly that this card should see play, and howl should not be overpowered. The most flagrant use of howl I feel is on Single player. If you use howl on low level maps and draw monster hide, its not even a challenge.

Thanks

Macizo likes this.
  2. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Making random a keyword would complicate other random effects like Push the Button, Pull the Trigger and the random handicap/boost cards. It also doesn't address the root of your problem which is the variance and potential power of the form card pools but it just tries to mitigate the result. A better fix would be changing the form card pools themselves.

For what it's worth, I think AoA in the werewolf card pool is pretty obnoxious since it makes the card far easier to get than it would be otherwise and it can be horribly powerful or nigh useless when you draw nothing but AoAs.

I don't have as much of an issue with Werewolf Hide though. Almost every build in the game needs to have a way to get around armor, that's always been a constant from my experience, both before and after CM. It being OP in low level maps isn't much of an issue either since low level maps are very easy to steamroll once you have a large collection anyway.

Also, if any create a random form card needs changing it's Medium's Garb, not Vampire's Kiss or Howl. :p