[Suggestion] Racial Movement

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by BlackVoidDeath, Oct 4, 2015.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

This should only apply to either, the move that a character draws at the start of a round.
    This is mostly for MP but can also be a feature for SP.
    So My Suggestion:
    When (for instance) an elf moves 1 tile and stops I always always thought of it to be quite stupid. When I am suggesting is that, when a character moves and does not move the max of their Racial Movement card (like an elf moving 1 tile) they should draw a card with the remaining movement (elf moves 1 tile, draws a Run). If the character had a movement buff (like Quickness Aura) it should add onto the end, so if a human uses their Run card and have Quickness Aura and move 2 squares, they should draw a Shuffle, if they move 4/5 squares, they draw nothing.

2. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Dislike

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I don't think elf warriors need any more card advantage. What if the new card replaced a random card in hand?

4. BlackVoidDeath

I dont mean just elves - I mean every character, if a dwarf Walk 's 1 tile, it draws a shuffle.

5. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Would bog the game down into a series of shuffles, unfortunately.

If you tried to dilute the effect (say move under max move - 2 = draw for remainder, or even max move - 3), it would only really benefit elf fighters, and Kalin's already dealt with that.

But I like spitballing these types of idea. Keep them coming.

ParodyKnaveBob and timeracers like this.
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Complicated, hard to explain to new players, would basically end Stop terrain, difficult terrain, and, well, terrain in general.

Fifjunior7, Pawndawan and timeracers like this.
  7. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

8. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Volcano? What about hot spot, lava pool, stone spikes, acid spray, acid jet, acid blast, wall of fire, illusory barrier, illusion wall, laser beacon, dual laser beacon?

ParodyKnaveBob and Mama Mia like this.
  9. BlackVoidDeath

Thats the point! :p

10. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Wouldn't this also neuter Encumber effects, too? Not that ice is hugely used, but this would make sure ice is pointless.

timeracers likes this.
  11. BlackVoidDeath

Ok, ok I didnt think this suggestion through.
    Ya'll got me.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  12. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Speaking of racial moves, I've always thought it would be interesting to use the base racial movement when determining how far characters should move with ____, Team! I've always found it strange that dwarves and elves have the same stamina when it comes to walking, running, dashing, and sprinting.

The only way I could think of would be something such as:

Shuffle, Team: move .5 of your racial movement
    Walk, Team: move 1.0 of your racial movement
    Dash, Team: move 1.5 of your racial movement
    Sprint, Team: move 2.0 of your racial movement

Obviously, the .5s throw a wrench in the mix when dealing with humans, so maybe always round up to 2 and 5? It would make the dwarven handicap of movement actually a true handicap; elves would also see their strength of movement maximized as well. Humans get a little boost on two of the cards, equal out on one, and have a disadvantage on the strongest one, which equals out in the middle for humans, which is where they should be.

Cards like Scamper, Team, Retreat, Team Walk, or Team Shift could be modified as well in some fashion, or kept as is as special movements. Maybe provide them all Free Move or Cantrip to push them more into play over the ____, Team! stuff (if preferred). Not sure if I'm forgetting any team movements for this.

I have no clue if this is a good thing for the game structurally, but I think it makes a little more sense thematically. Dwarves should not be able to move as far as humans and elves, and humans should not be able to move as far as elves.

The only other thing I can think relating to this is having some sort of Exhausted handicap placed on a character for the rest of the round if they move a certain distance past their racial movement (in one movement, not cumulative), which would either:
    • Decrease or encumber their movement by a certain amount for the rest of the round, and/or,
    • Increase the amount of damage they take by a certain amount for the rest of the round, and/or,
    • Decrease the amount of damage they can inflict for the rest of the round
    You want that dwarf or human to run their ass off to get somewhere? That's fine, but realize they are going to be dead tired when they get there. Again, makes sense to me.

Just my thoughts; obviously move somewhere else or to new thread if deemed appropriate.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  13. Fry

Fry Ogre

Just in case top post hadn't been shouted down enough, it would also be silly because you could use moves to turn in place indefinitely.

ParodyKnaveBob and timeracers like this.
  14. BlackVoidDeath

I forgot to write about that, I was going to suggest that if a character turns on the spot, they still have to lose 1 movement point - dash, spin in place, draw run.
    But like I have already been proved to, this suggestion was trash. - but I still want this one (afk and timestamp)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.