[Suggestion] Quick Pick (QP)

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Phaselock, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Hi ! This suggestion is inspired from the experimental game mode, Quick Draw (QD) and from existing e-sports hero draft game formats.

In the current version of QD, 2 players engage in a blind draft picking cards to make a deck given a pre-determined team of characters and board. QD transfers the process of debating which item is better (as in normal mp play) into which card is better. By doing so, QD provides a different user experience: one that is faster and less collection dependent. No doubt, QD will cater to a different consumer base and imo, it deserves to be on the mobile version of Card Hunter. *ping Dropforge*

My suggestion is simple and an alternative from QD. Instead of drafting cards, I suggest to draft pre-built heroes instead. This gives rise to a new game mode: Quick Pick (QP). Where QD's decision making lies at the card level, QP's lies at the character level. QP is also item independent, fast and just as strategic. Pre-built heroes mean players will have knowledge of the cards in play beforehand. Drafting heroes shift the meta into various levels of counter-play not unlike those in popular e-sports tourneys (Dota2, Lol etc).

Hero draft picks usually present a pre-battle UI where all the selections, bans and picks are visible. Since Card Hunter is an online browser game, bandwidth is a precious commodity. Which means as much info packed on-screen w/o incurring lag is a high priority. Hence, instead of a 36 card deck per char, I propose a 12 card deck per char. While drafting, all chars and cards are readily available at a glance before commencing battle. Below is an early pre-vis of the proposed drafting UI, pls forgive the formatting. =)

[​IMG]

Upkeep: Character decklists need to be designed, balance impact and changes to cards need to be maintained.

Comments and feedback welcome ! :)

Lord Feleran likes this.