[Suggestion] Put Taverns on the Multiplayer Island

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Stexe, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Title says all.

Tons of new players keep asking where to get MP characters and don't realize they are shared. Thus they think they are forced to spend pizza to get MP characters in the Starter Party. The Tavern in MP could fix it all (and maybe a note or two explaining they are shared that is more readily available).

doog37, Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Agreed!

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Well said!

4. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

5. Stexe

Another thing that would be nice is to rename Starter Party to "Premade Party" -- there's nothing inherently "Starter" about them other than they can help you get a head start. The idea that you need them to "Start" multiplayer has confused so many new players. I still see people asking about how they need a "Dwarf Warrior" or something and think they are forced to buy a starter party to get the character in MP (as opposed to going to the Tavern in SP, buying a Dwarf Warrior, and then equipping him in MP).

doog37 and Lord Feleran like this.
  6. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

+1 to this one, too. Seen that aswell.

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

When I started the game I actually came across my Starter Party in the SP keep, didn't recognize the names (since I hadn't named them) and deleted the characters thinking it was a glitch. Only when I went back to MP, queued a game and had it load with zero characters did I realize how the system worked.

Sir Veza and Stexe like this.
  8. Stexe

Yeah, I think that the system could be explained better. It does mention that items and characters are shared between SP and MP... but I think that should be hammered in even more.

Sir Veza likes this.
  9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Expecting people to read is always a bit of a long shot, but it's worth a try.

Jarmo and hatchhermit like this.