[SUGGESTION] Points scored when losing count in tie breaking.

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Hairyskinback, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Hairyskinback

Hairyskinback Kobold

In general when I look at my final POD standings there are more often than not 1 or 2 players being 1st or 2nd and then three in 5th. Could we not encourage not only more people to try to play but those that do play to
    play their full quota of 4 games by rewarding game points scored when losing.

In all my time playing I have only ever once seen all 5 places seperately filled and this needs to change.

When I asked a longterm player about this they raised the valid point that some may just play to try to score a TB point and then resign. This is indeed a risk and I am sure some already play a few turns and when they realise they are not going to win do so but they are not the people we are trying to engage. Although they may stay longer in trying to get those TB points.

The people I think we should really be targetting with this are the people who were like me. Signed up to the league to get the chests but didn't play because we lacked the cards to compete with people way above us in the ratings and so "whats the point".

Now there would be a point. Yes the longterm top end player may still hand you your arse but hey what if you killed one of his in the process of losing. Now you have a reason...2 TB points and maybe 4th spot or higher. 4th spot and a extra chest. Not just this outcome but some players will find it wasn't as daunting or as tough as they thought and maybe against a slightly lesser player their skills could nail them a win. At least now with some reward it is worth their time and effort and hopefully leagues will be a more hotbed of activety.

Scarponi likes this.
  2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.