[Suggestion] Player selectable character color

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Soltis, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Soltis

Soltis Goblin Champion

I figured I'd wait on this one for a while in the actual forums and give the new expansion and servers some time to get adjusted and things seem to be settling out now, so here goes.

One thing I really like about some of the characters are the alternate color schemes. Which is problematic if you play a balanced team because you will only ever have access to the default colors. Which means that a lot of times these awesome alternate color schemes end up sitting on the sidelines and don't get the love they deserve.

So I'm suggesting some mechanism that allows players to manually select the color they prefer for their characters. It just seems like it would be a really nice little touch that would add a lot to the game while leveraging existing assets to their full potential.

The user interface could be fairly simple just a box near the top corner of the character sheet that when clicked gives you a display of all the color variants available. A sanity check would ensure that you couldn't create a party with multiples of the same class using the same costume and color scheme.

Ultimately something like that could even lay the ground work for character dye as something you could find in game as a drop, receive as a league reward or even buy for pizza. However I don't think that would work with any of the current characters since they use fixed assets. Something like the chromatic characters that use layers might work to that end. Course that would be something for even further down the line.

2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Maybe they have 3 boxes with numbers 1,2 and 3 at the top right of a character sheet which start saying 1->2->3 which you can drag so you could choose the order of colors and is applied to all of characters with that skin.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Years ago I made a suggestion that your first char is color A, second char color B, third char color C.

4. haho

haho Orc Soldier

I like this idea. Maybe it could be simple as having various colored versions in the tavern to hire. The first time I made a group with 3 similar, like 3 dwarves, it was interesting how they each had slightly different colored parts. Then I split the group, and thought the colors would stick, but alas, having only one in your party makes it revert back to default colors.

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

If you mean the party order from left to right that's no good as the character order is significant in game play. For example, they move in order from left to right when using "Xxxx, team!" or "Team xxxx" cards.

6. haho

haho Orc Soldier

7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Sir Veza likes this.
  8. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Its about time.

9. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Flaxative likes this.
  10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Ah, good point. Hope springs eternal, anyway.