[SUGGESTION] New Expansion - Bejeweled suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Drakkan, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

BM,

Its a great thing that some of best weapons are Common/Uncommon (Bejeweled Shortsword and Double-edged Sword), but it would be even better to have some new candidates (Legendary) for top weapons.

Especially when most of great weapons got nerfed .. (The Hackmaster, The Bludgeonator, Reaper's Scythe, Quick Jon's Axe .. )

Its kid a sad that I would use Double-edged instead of The Hackmaster ..

Weapon doesnt have to be overpowered .. just a bit better than those two .. so players have something to upgrade to and Bejeweled/Double-edged can still push them to 1500 elo ..

What do other players think? (if any are reading this thread ;) )

Accent, Grimmace and Sir Veza like this.
  2. 100% true. The best and the only good legendaries weapons were all nerfed.

We need more competitive weapons (legendaries, commons, rares, etc). How many weapons we can choose for our warriors actually? Bejeweled, crazy sal's, maquah of ancient blood, double edged, strongarm, vibrant pain, troll's ire, maybe rageblood... and that's all.

Grimmace and Drakkan like this.
  3. Grimmace

Grimmace Ogre

Especially sad was the Hackmaster,
    it possessed one really great card as
    opposed to one rubbish one to differentiate
    it from the strongarm, a tokenless item,
    to compensate for its one major and one minor token cost.

But now? It cant even one shot a wiz, what is the point?
    If it was to take away that one shot aspect, why still have all out attack
    so readily available?

Similar was infused greatclub and bludgeonator, they were hit hard,
    when it wasn't really necessary.

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Roll out some new tech. (Card) Nerf Bat, range 1, damage 2 - Attaches "Nerfed" to target: -3 damage to all attacks, duration 2 rounds. "It's not just for devs anymore."
    Or not.

ParodyKnaveBob, direndai, CT5 and 4 others like this.
  5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Roflcopter on lollerskates.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Well... There are some other very usable weapons not listed, but ok.

If it makes you feel any better, there is a *CHANCE* that the expansion will bring some bonkers legendary weapons.

Sir Veza, Fifjunior7, CT5 and 6 others like this.
  7. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Yeah, some legendaries could be (arguably) best-in-the-slot. Simply what a 4-step NS VP was, was... too much.

8. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Looking at my Legendary weapons now (23 different, only notable missing is Reaper's Scythe), I think Bejeweled is best weapon out there.
    Topping dmg output with The Hackmaster, but its so much better than Hackmaster.. it has great and consistend dmg output and step attacks as "tech"

you then have Quick Jon, Axe of Titans, Reaper's Scythe, Bloodchooper ..

3 supporting weapons (VP, frenzy ones..) which are good but mostly supporting ..

The Strongarm is great though ..

And there is that Lunginator and Bludgeonator/Hackmaster what were considered over-costly even before nerf..

The only notable strategy without Bejeweled is VP + Frenzy (Crazy Sal's/Troll's Ire)..
    But Bejeweled, VP, Troll's Ire is also great..

Am I missing some notable Legendary weapon?

9. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I don't particularly want there to be legendaries that are better than current weapons; but I do find it slightly frustrating that some items are so powerful than they overshadow everything else in their item slot. Electroporter Novice is probably the worst offender; but Double-edged Sword and Bejeweled Shortsword are also pretty dominant. I sometimes wish that these items were just a little bit weaker - not because I think they're too strong, but rather because I'd like it to be a bit easier to justify using something else! Double-edged Sword could probably afford to have a Strong Stab instead of Potent Stab.

When I'm choosing weapons for a priest, I feel like there are heaps of viable options with different strengths and weaknesses. I guess the main difference with warrior weapons is that they don't have as many varied card effects; so it mostly just comes down to counting the damage.

10. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome Orc Soldier

With wizards and priests there is a variety of effects and strategies, with warriors it's basically hulk smash

ParodyKnaveBob, Bandreus and Robauke like this.
  11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

So what's not to like about hulk smash? :D
    Level 18 is the bottom end of (majortoken) and (majortoken)(majortoken) items, so 19+ should be better, in general, for the same token cost. If the expansion covers levels 18-20 (or 21?), there should definitely be items that will shake things up.

12. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

There is really no need to nerf current cards.. just put something worth playing that requires 1-2 Yellow Tokens ..
    It's also interesting that.. asside Aegis, Yellow Tokens are rarely used on Helms, Armors and Shields .. we could have some better Helms/Armors (and maybe shields) with Yellow Tokens for sure .. that would effectively give us more builds ..

I love Reliable Mail .. but I'd also love some more versatility there .. ( I'd love to see Legendary card that requires Yellow Token, lvl 20, and has Inspiring Armor on it ;) )

Sir Veza and Lord Feleran like this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Everything you're asking for is in the expansion. Maybe. ;)

Sir Veza, Mr. Magnifico and Drakkan like this.
  14. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Come on Flax, dont do that to us .. show us some cards ;)

Sir Veza and Accent like this.
  15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Well, Inspiring Armor isn't a rare card, so you'll never actually get what you asked for.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  16. Avoiding a situation we have now with the legendaries is clearly desirable, without wanting to go too far back. If it's in budget then having an experienced 3rd party contracted to overview balance, specifically MP balance on items would be a fine idea. The current system is, on evidence, not up to the task. This can be problematic because it's possible to meet a wall of egoism that prevents genuine progress. E.g. "I've been balancing card games for 97 years sonny, I don't need some whippersnapper coming in and telling me what's what." and then the problematic balance mistakes continue. This is why it's so hard to make meaningful change: Either it's cost prohibitive or a slew of biases cloud the way forward.

17. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Let designers do the designers' job man. Card Hunter's balance has been improving substantially over several months, *****in' for the sake of *****in' is not gonna help solve any issue. Nor is implying the devs are not capable of doing their job (which is plain out untrue).

They did bring MtG's original designer on board as a consultant when they were putting the original CH's design together, after all, so it's not like Blue Manchu needs anybody to tell them what to do and when to do it: they know what they're doing, and they are not shy about calling on extra help if they think that's necessary.

AKA: if you have constructive feedback, feel free to post it, the devs are hearing. Feel free to post non-constructive criticism too, I guess, but don't expect to be taken seriously.

18. I don't know what "*****in'" is. But we've just entered a subjective argument. You argue the balance has improved, I would say that it has not improved and we can bring along as many anecdotal arguments as we wish. If you want to equate a poor MP experience to "the devs aren't able to do their job" you can do that if you wish. I don't think the two are quite the same. I think if MP had genuinely improved we'd see improved numbers. Unfortunately we can't use balance or the lack there-of as a reason for this because the retort is "No, the numbers are poor because we don't market the game. Because reasons.".

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Balance is a big factor for a small fraction of the playerbase. The reason MP numbers are small is that we don't pour megabucks into marketing, as I explained very patiently in another thread recently. BTW scorpion_wins if you want to give us, say, 10,000 dollars to spend on marketing and consulting, we'll use those funds very effectively.

20. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

No way its only 10.000$ .. for some roi, 10k can be easily raised ..
    Anyway, much less promising games raise much bigger funds in crowdfundings ..

Sir Veza likes this.