[SUGGESTION] More Custom Scenario Options

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Xerxes145, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Xerxes145

Xerxes145 Kobold

The ability to create custom scenarios is perhaps one of the best parts of the game and yet I feel that it is underdeveloped. My biggest piece of feedback here would be the ability to create custom characters (custom monsters, minions, enemies, whatever you want to call them). Perhaps there is a feature for this already that I am unaware of, but I have not been able to find it. This would potentially require a new interface, but would be really useful for creating custom scenarios and campaigns and would make Mauve Manticore submissions really interesting. This would entail choosing artwork from existing creatures/skins, assigning health, creating deck of cards from list of existing cards, and potentially specifying whether it's multiple creatures or just one. Custom scenarios would then go from "let's take the leftovers of our preexisting scenarios and let you tinker around with them" to giving the players a lot more creative potential that could become immortalized in Mauve Manticore and the like.

Another suggestion in the same vein - the ability to put in NPC creatures/custom player-controlled creatures and player characters in the same party. For example, let's say you create a scenario where the three players have to defend an old wizard from a bunch of mercenaries - this old wizard could be given his own custom characteristics and would be on the same team as the players, potentially controlled by a fourth player (like an extended co-op). Adding the ability to have three different factions that are all against each other (player 0, player 1, and player 2) would be fantastic.

One more suggestion - let the scenario creator choose what maximum level the player characters are at, instead of them always defaulting to the multiplayer party level 18. You could make possible the creation of characters that correspond only to the campaign and allow granting of campaign experience or loot, allowing potential GMs to guide their players all the way to level 20 in a custom campaign. There's so many possibilities!

Think of the implications of these suggestions - CardHunter could become essentially a genuine RPG platform with the ability to create full-fledged custom campaigns, bringing in more people as players share it with their friends to form a party to travel through this custom campaign. You could create more knobs on the creature customization, possibly with additional creature skins for pizza or something like that, giving players more incentive to support the developers and get pizza. You could feature entire series of custom scenarios, broadly expanding upon Mauve Manticore's current role in the CardHunter community.