[Suggestion] Make Ouch! damage unpreventable

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Deepweed, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Ouch! is one of those drawbacks that don't really feel like drawbacks, much like Squeamish for wizards. In fact, get a little armor on your warrior (which is a must) and you basically have no problem taking damage from it anymore. It then becomes a pure cycler with card point advantage (since its value is -3, indirectly raising the value of other cards in the deck). I suggest its damage become unpreventable to make it more "felt". Ouch! and Frenzy Aura never exist on the same item so it wouldn't be too much of an issue if that drawback synergy didn't exist anymore.

One may argue that Brain Burn should also be unpreventable then, but it's more of a drawback in its current state because it discards Arcane Aura (hello Cursed Wizard's Robes).

2. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Double standard much? There are plenty of warrior armors that say goodbye when ouch shows up (Frenzy Aura, toughness and the totally overplayed inspiring armor, thanks aloyzo for all the great items!) .Then the ones are revealed that profit a ton from being conceiled, like thin sparkling cloth... Theres not a great difference to brain burn but the overall tendency that wizards usually have less armor and way more trigger cards in hand.
    I think the reveal hurts warriors enough to justify the current state of ouch as a drawback. Obvious maneuver on the other hand strikes me as half assed drawback.

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

That really isn't the interesting synergy. Ouch! does appear on the same items as Spiked Mail and Barbed Platemail, both of which can be triggered by Ouch! and will inflict damage upon the wearer. One of the more interesting reports on the subject dealt with Ouch! causing a loop reaction for someone wearing both Spiked and Barbed armor. Another was this item:
    IMO, the irony of a warrior being seriously injured by his armor is just too good to lose, and Ouch! is one of the few things that can initiate it.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.