Suggestion: make casual with rating

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Apr 13, 2015.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I am moderately intimidated by ranked for multiple reasons, obviously I want a good rating, secondly the guild I want to join has requirements which includes a good win-rate and a number of games.

You may be asking why don't I play the casual mode that is included. 1: I want rewards. 2: It takes longer to fight someone. 3: It is not a good test to see how good your builds are.

So I propose that a new MP mode is made. I think the rewards should be less so no one would try to exploit the fact that people are playing casually. So I think that instead of using the MP reward track for this you get 1 rare or better and 3 random usually you get a bunch of 'brown' chests which give a rare+, uncommon+, and 2 common+ with a few better chests which guarantees more rares or epics than those. Secondly, to provide a good match I suggest that it starts by duplicating your rating. Thirdly, to help test new build we should make it keep an independent rating so we can see what rating the build should end up at. Finally, we all are going to want to try out more builds so we want a reset to official rating button.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Will BM Do This™: While this isn't a horrible suggestion, we won't be doing it anytime soon. The short version is, we don't have a big enough PvP playerbase. It's already bad enough that ranked wait times increase during leagues. More modes of PvP split the playerbase, generally speaking. It'd be awesome if we had hundreds of thousands of concurrent PvP players and several different queues, but it's not the reality right now. Sorry!

That said it's a cool idea and its merits are definitely worth discussing.

3. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Speaking of, how many accounts are actively playing pvp? 1,000? 10,000? Just curious.

4. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Define actively. You get some sense of the PvP playerbase size with the [META] site's scenario tracking: http://cardhuntermeta.farbs.org/scenarios.php

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Looks like on average about 2600 ranked games a day. Multiply that number by 2 and then divide by how many ranked games you think the average player plays daily to get the number of players on the average day for ranked play.