[SUGGESTION] Kindler and Firestarter

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by BlackVoidDeath, Feb 25, 2017.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Everyone has an opinion on fire, either they love it (use it) or hate it (fight it) but everyone knows that if a fire focused wizard draws Firestarter and the opponent does not have armor, they are screwed.
    And while Firestarter is duration 3, burning 2, Kindler is only duration 2 and burning 1. Both cards have the same quality (bronze), and the only factor that separates them is Kindler is common card quality and Firestarter is uncommon.
    How about nerfing Firestarter down to duration 2 and buffing Kindler to duration 3?
    This way both cards would almost be equal in quality, though I am sure players would still prefer Firestarter over Kindler even after this balance change.

tolkien and Macizo like this.
  2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Kindler is Bronze (3) and Firestarter is Bronze+ (4) so there is already a small quality difference.

I'm not sure Firestarter should be nerfed, but I agree that Kindler could use a slight buff.

Apart from Ethereal Form, the only other Duration 2 wizard boost is Spark Inductor, which is Bronze- (2).

seth arue and timeracers like this.
  3. BlackVoidDeath

~
    ~
    I dont really understand your point here.
    Doesnt matter if there is not many duration 2 wizard cards, it will still be op and preferred over Kindler, at its current state if a fire wiz draws firestarter it is equal to a silver+ - gold quality card, not bronze!

Before commenting, please read my post because I already gave my points to counteract your post.

4. Pawndawan

Ok, what I tried to say was that I think Firestarter is fine as it is.

I'd like to see Kindler lowered to Bronze- (2), so that Focused Blazing would be tokenless. Also, quite easy to do, since it wouldn't affect the token cost of any other current item with Kindler.

edit: though, I guess it would be the new Electroporter Novice then. :eek:

tolkien, seth arue and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  5. BlackVoidDeath

Ah now that you put it that way, I do agree.

6. Pawndawan

tolkien, Maniafig and seth arue like this.
  7. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

I'd abuse this like none other!

Pawndawan likes this.