{Suggestion} Howl give only uncommon werewolf cards or less

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Christofff, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

That's it. I feel that getting cards like Monster Hide and All out Attack, reallyu makes this card more powerful than it should be.

Also especially it warps single player now, as soon I can jam all the items I have with howl such as ooutgrown helm, which is tokenless, makes some almost all mission a breeze when you hit Monster Hide.

More importantly though, I feel that since howl itself is an uncommon, shouldn't it be fair that it only give uncommon cards or less? Honestly, one of the most heartbreaking scenarios is whne a wounded warrior retreats, so you chase him to finish him off with your wizard / warrior, and fair enough he then heals 2 or more off a howl {chain}, but he hits monster hide so your calcluated move does not actually finish him off {unless you luckkily have a silver attack}...and you could have disputed the victory point instead.

Of course I echo previous feedback that Wwerewolf form is overpowered, not just for monster hide, but also mighty charge which I feel should be rare perhaps as it does 3 crushing damage a la rocket charge?

In oth4er words, is it possible to rethink some Werewolf cards, which may make nerfing Werewolf form easier??

2. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

And while we're at it, could i suggested a slight increase to zombie form? Cards such as bludgeon / swarming attack {can't remember the name., but I have found the occassion when it does more than 4 damaage are extremely rare }, are both generally weak. In fact brains is as well, at only 2 damage.

The only real high damage card zombies have is infected bite. Compare this to werewolves, who have the following high damage cards:
    massive jaws, vicious bite, AoA, vicious thrust, sundering strike, mighty charge. That's 6 high damage cards compared to one.

I understand that perhaps zombies are meant to be intentinally weak with mitternacht compared to the mighty werewolf, but comparing the two and the 6 : 1 high-damage- card ratio, that werewolf form has over zombies, for me this also makes trying cards such as Walpurgis Night, and Spark of Undeath, a not-fun experience.

3. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

There isn't any current card that makes use of rarity to determine cards drawn and I don't think it make that much sense, rarity doesn't have anything to do with balance.

I think the real problem is getting Monstrous Hide like you pointed out or getting chains of Howls to heal a lot. How about "Create a random Werewolf Attack card in your hand." It sort of makes sense thematically since when a werewolf howls it's getting ready to attack, right?

Zombie Form is a Bronze Quality Handicap card, so it is understandably weak compared to the Silver Quality Boost Lycanthropic Form. That said, I do not think it is as weak as you said. Brains is excellent and is probably the best card in the zombie card pool, the damage doesn't matter, the Stun does. It is the main reason I'm wary around zombies. However, I suggest removing it from the possible transformations from Shifting Block. If I'm paying for a Silver Quality Block card I don't want to be handicapping myself.

4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

There are already threads for nerfing werewolf and buffing the other forms. Also I should make myself clear RARITY SHOULD NOT EFFECT POWER LEVEL. The amount of times people talk about how rarity should effect power level is annoying. I think zombie form is an intentionally weak form, correction intentionally underpowered form in comparison to regular characters. Spark of undeath gives 2 cards and blind rage at the cost of becoming a zombie or make an enemy a zombie and give them a annoying blind rage but give them 2 cards. I guess a slight buff wouldn't be unreasonable though.