[Suggestion] Have losses contribute to league tie break points too

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Harwin, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Yes, I feel already bad about not winning. The problem is, I get punished another time for that, by getting the same rewards as somebody who did not play. In a format like Golden Shrine, which has a lot of different builds and were the draws in the first three rounds matters a lot, this feels wrong. I like playing games which are close to chess. But Cardhunter is closer to Rock, Paper, Scissor during that league. Meaning luck is very very important. And as I told, I lost some games very very close. Which meant I spent some hours into that league and lost against my opponent drawing a card right before I drew it. Getting no reward for that time spent feels totally bad and is frustrating.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  2. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

You do not get punished more.
    If you play x ranked games and lose them all you also end up with nothing.
    If you sign up to a league you have 3 golden chests.
    Now you play x games and lose them all - you end up with nothing else. No "extra" punishment there.

3. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Even in games like chess you got tike break points for lossing, but its hard to apply here, cause the tie break from chess "not reward you for lossing" but "punish you less for lose to strong opponents".
    Edit: One uses a secundary tie break with the sum of the points gained of your opponents.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  4. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Why should that not be viable here?

5. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

I didnt say it not apply, but i think i could requiere some coding to make a secundary tie break and it could have some unwanted side effects like two or more players with the same primary tie break get diferent places because the secundary tie break and i not really sure that its that what this thread want.

6. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

I definitely support this idea.

cycosurgeon likes this.
  7. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

I'd still really love to see this implemented. It seems like low-hanging fruit that'd go a long way towards getting people to actually participate in leagues again. Previous summary below:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    Pawndawan likes this.