[Suggestion] Guild Emblem / Avatar

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Pilgrim Bailey, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Passed this one up to Farbs! Hopefully he can answer when he gets a (rare) spare moment :)

Pilgrim Bailey likes this.
  2. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Heh, yeah I've been trying to figure out the best way to do this, both for player profiles and for guild profiles. I'd really like to let people shove their own html into the page, so they can add not only an avatar but real, even dynamic, content. That can lead to some serious security issues though.

Current thoughts are that I either:
    1. Use IFrames. These are a bit horrible though, for instance if you click on a link in an IFrame you only update the contents of the IFrame. Also reliably removing scrollbars and borders is tricky.
    2. Pull the content from XenForo forum profiles, so for instance the html generated for your profile's About section, which can largely contain anything you like, is dragged up to my server and inserted into its output html. This makes dynamic pages tricky, but would be very easy for everyone to set up.
    I'll probably go with option #2, I just need to put the time in to figure out how to reliably extract the page info.

Pilgrim Bailey likes this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader