[Suggestion] Future Contests

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Kalin, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The last contest had a rule that we couldn't enter maps we had been working on before the contest started, and handed out 100-1000 pizza to everyone who entered. So I've been deliberately not working on any ideas I have (other than some general mechanics testing) in case I can use those ideas to get a whole bunch of pizza. And I've been waiting for the next contest to be announced, and waiting and waiting... And now we're about to get a few limited edition figures, and I'd really, really love for a chance to win some pizza while they're available.

Also, I have a bunch of ideas for things we can do in future contests:

Mini:
    Give us a theme or require the use of a specific tile/decal/monster, a short deadline (3-4 days), and small grand prize (50-100 pizza). Run these frequently, like every month or maybe every other week.

Epic:
    Allow us to submit maps we've been working on for months, or even ones we already posted to the forums (but not ones entered in other contests).

Complete Dungeon:
    Requires 3-5 scenarios, plus pre- and post-battle text linking them together.

2. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

I agree with all suggestions :)

I been enjoying doing pvp maps, would eb nice to be able to submite the ones i already made.
    Would be even better someday one of my pvp maps be in rotation :D -wink-wink- :p

3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

We have a thing planned in place of future contest, but I wasn't going to announce it until I had finished a related thing. What I can tell you now however is:
    • You will be able to use pre-exiting scenarios and maps
    • Adventures and single-battle work will all be admissible

Neofalcon, Kalin and Pengw1n like this.
  4. tuknir

When u say single battle work you mean maps with pvp in mind? :D

5. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I think he means 1 map, rather than a series of maps.

6. tuknir

That does make sense. Damn, i really been enjoying making balanced maps for pvp. Ok,need brainstorm some ideas for new pve then