Suggestion for MP 20 chests

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Gingrich Yurr, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Currently the MP 20 chests reward system rewards hardcore players more, as only those who play enough can get the 20th chest since it resets your progress everyday. Casual players or those who don't have enough time simply cannot hope to achieve that. I have a proposal that can help casual players more whilst still giving the benefit to hardcore players.

My idea is: Everyday the 20 chests reset, but they don't reset your progress. I'm not quite sure how to explain this in words so I'll put this in "pictures" instead. B stands for brown chest, Y stands for yellow chest and P stands for purple chest. I use colours to avoid confusion.

Jack is a casual player. On Day 1, he wins 6 games.

YBYBBYBBBBYBBBBBBBBP

On Day 2, it resets, pushing those chests he have collected behind. He then plays 8 games.

BBBBYBBBBBBBBPYBYBBY

On Day 3, the chests look like this:

BBBBBPYBYBBYBBBBYBBB

He now only needs to win 6 games to get the epic chest. He can still try to win 20 games and get all the 20 chests if he wants.

I'm sure you get the general idea. With this system, hardcore players can still only get 20 chests max a day and at most one epic chest, while the casual players can slowly work their way to the epic chest without pressure. Essentially this is still the same system, hardcore players still benefit more like they should since they put in more time, but casual players don't lose out on item quality.

Any thoughts on this system?

alikus2 likes this.
  2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Seems a bit too complicated/confusing. If it's hard to explain in a post, how will it be explained in game?

How about this idea: The ladder does not reset while you're doing it. When you get the purple chest, then a timer starts and you'll only get brown chests for the next 12 hours. Then the ladder resets.

3. HerselfTheElf

HerselfTheElf Orc Soldier

An overcomplicated and completely unneccesary idea.

Currently, the "hardcore" players barely get any advantage from the epic chest. 6th win is 1 epic item, 11th win is a 2nd epic item. The 3rd and 4th at 20th win just barely pushes the "average epic per win" up. 1/6 = 0.16 epic per win, 2/11 = 0.18 epic per win, 4/20 = 0.2 epic per win. There needs to be some incentive to do all 20 battles, but the advantage is small, particularly when you look at the "rare heavy" early chests. Some players such as myself actually prefer to go only to 11th chest because there's more chances for better items and the 20th chest requires so many wins for just 2 epics and a bunch of single rare chests.

4. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Also, mainly to Gingrich, my guess is that the casual player is more likely to only win 1-6 in a day (I can see "win 3" as a feasible casual goal) because of all those Y chests with instant gratification -- instead of, "well, now I won't get anything awesome (in 'my' mind of rare = quality b/c I'm casual $;^ b heheh), thus I might just try 1 win a day .. or every couple days .. or not really remember .. or stop caring before ever even htting the P chest." Depends on the casual gamer of course, I'm sure.

Thank you for the stats, Herself. That makes me wonder if just even one extra Epic in the P chest would make more people strive for it more often. That'd be 5 guaranteed epics / 20 MP wins = 0.25 epic per win; the thought of any of 3 items being apt to upgrade to legendary would surely excite some's curiosity. (Meanwhile, there are all those B chests beforehand which have chances to upgrade like crazy. But yeah, I usually stop at the 6th or 11th for this reason (among other reasons).)

On almost another note, I recently went for it and knocked out the Purple Epic Chest at the end, and it was not the Purple Epic Disappointment that we pretty much all chortle about in World. I got a legendary treasure! That was nice and satisfying. $:^ ] (Fwiw, I don't recall what else I got, and the reason I went for it was that I'd busted through ranked and I think two different leagues that day, even way past the 11th, thus I just figured, hey, got a couple more hours to kill, let's go for it! heheh)

Gingrich Yurr likes this.