[Suggestion - Feedback] - Altruism procs only when a card actually affects a character

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Bearson Onyx, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Bearson Onyx

Bearson Onyx Goblin Champion

This isn't a rant about the state of the meta-game although it is related as I see this being abused constantly.
    It's more a problem with the gap I find between the initial intent I feel altruism was created for and how it is often used in actuality, especially observed by some of the top ranked players who use card draw decks.
    also - my apologies if this was somewhere suggested and I have missed it.

Very simply put, I feel that using cards to try and proc altruism just for the sake of card draw without those cards having any effect whatsoever is very wrong and defeats the purpose.
    examples include healing the fully healed, casting mass frenzy when all of your party already has mass frenzy (not when there's one turn left but on the same turn), purging an ally that has no attachments at all and other ridiculous "shticks".

I feel that fixing this will not only help with the drawing problem but also makes much more sense because after all what's altruistic about healing a fully healed ally? that priest is helping no one but himself by trying to draw more cards, if anything this is selfishness under the guise of altruism - not cool.:mad:

Not sure about the implementation of this programming wise, although I don't think it should be all that complex, the precise re-phrasing of altruism shouldn't be hard too. something along the lines of - "When you play a Holy card targeting an ally other than yourself and that card changes the state of that ally, draw a card".
    not perfect obviously as we have to define state (hp or attachments should be enough?) and it makes for a pretty long card description for a card that is admittedly somewhat clunky as it is.
    there are better minds (or atleast minds with more time:D) to help with the exact wording but I think the general notion is clear.
    So... what do you guys think?

Sir Veza likes this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I agree from a flavor perspective. Cool idea.

In terms of the mechanics, I don't think it matters too much. It might get people to diversify their holy cards a bit more.