[Suggestion] - Do not sort by name in rarity sort mode (use levels instead)

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by zdk, Dec 21, 2017.

1. zdk

zdk Kobold

Hi everyone,

I wish it was easier to tell the rarity of items when sorted by power token requirement, or to tell the power token requirement of items of a certain rarity. Both sorting mode creates sections which are themselves sorted alphabetically, which in my experience is rarely useful.

I believe it would be more convenient if the items listed in each section in rarity mode were sorted by (decreasing) power token consumption, or rather were sorted by decreasing level instead.

I reckon the change is easy enough to implement if other players are favorable to it (certainly easier than a favorite-flagging system), and probably cannot be less useful that sorting alphabetically. :p In that light I suppose the same sub-sort logic could be applied to the power token sorting mode for consistency... or not.

What are your thoughts?

2. Derek

Derek Orc Soldier

Um, not sure why this hasn't got more attention.

This is a fantastic idea that I myself have had many times. I always leave my sort in rarity mode and go searching for the right power tokens because its quicker than flipping to power token sort and searching for rarity. So many useless commons and uncommons clutter everything up in power token sort.

And if you can't use the power token sort when searching for an item with a specific token cost, then the sorter is not doing its job.

Sir Veza likes this.
  3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Yep, making level order the default order under all sort modes would be a HUGE improvement!

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I missed some of the implications of this the first time around. I usually know what card I'm looking for and filter by a typed word (card or set) or phrase (such as tack d for vampiric items because the second word varies between deals and does), then sorting by token level. I think this works pretty well for those of us who are familiar with all the items, but is less useful for new players.
    Making the interface more helpful to new players might lead to them hanging around to become experienced players, which is a good thing. It wouldn't hurt us old codgers either.