[Suggestion] Change the MP reward system!

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Ector, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Ector

Ector Hydra

Hello all, I am a new player. My SP party has only 11th level, I've just became a Club member and cleared several prize dungeons. Still, I have vast experience in various CCGs, so I can play multiplayer. Yesterday I've started to play MP and decided to get the epic chest. I wonder, what did the developers think when they created the challenge? One has to win 20 games in one day to get the epic chest. Guess how much time is needed for that?
    One game takes roughly 20 minutes, including time for searching an opponent. Sometimes it takes more, sometimes less, but 20 mins is average. How much time is needed to play 20 games then? 400 minutes, or 6 hours and 40 minutes.
    But you cannot expect to win each time, can you? If you lose half of your games, then grabbing an epic chest will take more than 10 hours. Who can afford to spend 10 hours per day and why do you want that??? Do you really want children to forget about their schools, parents to forget about their jobs and play only Cardhunter?
    Yes, I've won that epic chest yesterday. I've started at 9.30 am at my job and played most of the day (hope my boss will never read this) to collect half of the needed victories. Then I've played with my son, had my supper and returned to the quest. I've won the chest at 3.30 am, sacrificed the sleep and everything else, and I'm very grateful to some people who went offline and gifted two last victories to me, since I had less than a hour left till the reset!!!
    Isn't it obvious that the reward should meet your wishes? I guess you want players to play every day, at least a bit, not to forget about work and sleep. This can be handled by awarding the epic chest weekly to the players who won at least one game each day.

Nighters and Lusus121 like this.
  2. Solution for that is to never lose any matches. :)

Seriously though, it's pretty much impossible to design a reward system that would fully satisfy both casual players (who play 1-2 hours per day) and hardcore players (8+ hours per day). If you make it too easy for casuals, hardcores will complain about not having a bigger goal or something to strive for. If you do it vice versa, well topics like this one happen. You just cannot have it both ways. And if you must be biased towards one group, it's better to pick hardcores because they play more, post more on the forums, and most importantly, they usually pay more.

Card Hunter tries to even things out by giving you better rewards at the beginning of your MP grind. This is probably the only logical way to accomplish it without pissing off the players.

Also that purple chest is usually pretty bad so staying up late just get get that chest is pointless. If all you want is loot, SP is a much better for that. I personally have never gotten anything useful from a purple chest, and I've gotten tons of stuff from SP, especially from challenges.

Flaxative likes this.
  3. Checkers

Checkers Kobold

I don't think it would be too hard to come up with a better system. The current system is pretty weak.

How about this one:

1) The first chest of every day is a Rare.
    2) Wins will then start rewarding a Common chest, then Uncommon chest, then Rare chest; Repeat.
    3) Every 20th win will be an Epic chest. Your win tally never resets. Maximum one Epic chest per day.
    4) Every 100th win will be a Legendary chest. Win tally never resets. Maximum one Legendary chest per 30 day period.

Sure, there are subtleties to work out, but the basic idea is that your win total does not reset. This way, you can take your time and still eventually get an epic chest.

4. SystemIsDown

SystemIsDown Mushroom Warrior

I'd like to see them pull in the epic chest for club members. Maybe make the epic chest for somewhere around the 12th-14th win if you are a club member. It would give people more of an incentive to become a club member.

5. I like checkers proposal, it is better for casual players and for hardcore players as well

I do not like the other idea of restricting more stuff for club members only. As I appreciate it a lot that this game is free

6. Wow. I kind of just assumed that a perfect solution couldn't be found, but what you suggest here, is pretty much flawless. I was going to post some questions or ideas for improvement, but I have nothing, which is rare. This just makes perfect sense and BM should implement it asap.

Flaxative likes this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yes this is like a "monthly" achievement (which works wonders in, for instance, Guild Wars 2). Meanwhile there's still an incentive to log in every day. People who play more get rewarded but people who can't play 15 hours/day can still get the legendary chest.

8. MadReefer

MadReefer Kobold

I dont mind the MP reward system that is now other then i never get the epic chest atm, after reading this i would have playd more MP then SP i guess.
    Like Flaxative says; "Yes this is like a "monthly" achievement" What suits this game much better around lets realize it, its a slow-paced game after all.

9. TheShadowTitan

TheShadowTitan #3 in Spring PvP Season

I already got epic chest in 4 hours and 20 minutes and much of the time I don't take much more time to win it (1, 2 hours more). But Its because I win much more games than I lose. But when I started playing multiplayer I thought it would be impossible to win the epic chest and only after 1 or 2 weeks playing MP I could get my first epic chest.

10. Ector

Ector Hydra

But 4h 20 minutes is still too much, isn't it? Most of us simply cannot afford spending so much time on a game - at least without completely sacrificing the real life.

11. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

A balance of a "hardcore" daily reward and a similar "monthly reward" might work. Though, to be honest, I'm not entire sure of how that might work. Checkers' idea is a very cool one that does allow the less hardcore to work their way towards a suitable reward as well.

12. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

I fully agree with removing the daily limit too, just let me climb the ladder to the epic chest at my own pace. The maximum MP games I've ever played was until the 6th chest, and I won't go past that simply because there is no way I can spend even more time on this game.

13. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Completely agreed. I have and always will advocate for a greater reward for playing card hunter regularly, without playing for 4 hours straight for just 1 epic chest.