{Suggestion} Card Idea: Uninspiring Presence

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Stovepipe, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Stovepipe

Stovepipe Kobold

When I first thought of this I considered it just a joke, however, I now believe it to be, possibly, a legitimate card idea.

Every character within three squares takes five damage. However, unlike Inspiring Presence, it is blockable, even by the card owner. Every character loses a card. Not sure it its random, oldest, or only attack cards. I would start playtesting it as any card, if that proves to be too powerful, start changing it.

A build structured around this card could become deadly. Rushing people in, stealing blocks and hit points, rushing out. One after another, you losing a fraction of what the opponent loses in cards and hit points each time, if it is well played. Leaving your opponent with dwindling options (less cards) and less hit points each time. Also, a great way to shake out defensive cards.

Maybe it could be an elven racial card. Call it Elvish Gloom. I dunno....

The more I think about it though, its probably too powerful and far more powerful that Inspiring Presence. Hmmm. I like what I am seeing in my head though. Decks of Kamikaze invaders blitzing and ruining the well thought out plans of the opponent. Heck, you run this card twice in a row, there may not be much reason to run away at all. If all of your opponents characters are down ten hit points and two cards. Run this baby a few times in a round where you are nailing all three or even two of the enemy, it would seem to be a game winner. It will force people to constantly think about allowing their own characters to be near each other. Or even trying to rush in themselves and gang up on a lower hit pointed, more vulnerable elf.

Maybe you could give all blocks an automatic +1 vs it, and lessen the damage it does to 4. But you have to keep the "lose a card" because that is the real power and fun of the card.

And I would make it an elvish racial card, the elves really need something special to give them a boost. Maybe this could help. Call it Moodswinger. I dunno....or Elvish Mood Theft.

In my head I see Elves building around this card with heavy move cards in general, and specifically Flanking Move / Quick Run / Uninspiring Presence combos dashing rushing in with a deck heavy also in defensive cards to withstand the three pissed off characters they will be surrounded before they can escape. A card like this could become even more deadly in the hands of an elf with Slippery in its deck.

Make a yellow racial item with Slippery / Uninspiring Presence / One drawback or very weak card

It would have to be rated as a very very valuable card because too many in a hand will be too dominant I believe, however, I think it has a lot of exciting potential to shake up the game.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah... spend 2 cards, make your opponent's team discard 6 and take 10 damage? Seems fair :)

3. Stovepipe

Stovepipe Kobold

Well maybe its less damage, and maybe you can only select a maximum of up to two opponents.

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Whoever plays the card will take the full effect (discard and damage, if any) because you can't block your own attacks. Add a caveat that it can't be played without another card in your hand. You'd lose 1 card, your opponents could lose up to 3 cards if not blocked. SPR discards 2 if not blocked, so the 3:1 ratio is roughly equivalent. Another consideration is that it probably wouldn't be played if you had any really good cards in your hand. Dunno. Except for the damage it seems to be kind of in the ballpark.

Stovepipe likes this.
  5. Stovepipe

Stovepipe Kobold

Yes, having to have one other card in hand would be another possible nerf. Also, if it is a trait card, and all trait items have at most one, the most of these you could have three (0ne per character), and you are paying big in tokens for them.