[Suggestion] Buff healing spirit

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by piotras, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Haha, I don't mind a light-hearted discussion about gnomes once in a while. But I don't think what I said qualifies as sarcasm. Sarcasm would be "Talk about serious balance issues= thread devolves into gnomes" But whatever.
    As for getting back on topic in different ways? Sure. IDK.

And for Healing Spirit, there are a number of other priest cards that need balance. So there.

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Well of course, because Healing Spirit is boring; that's where this discussion started. Now if you wanted to make it exciting, we could change it to "Your attacks deal +2 damage to Undead."

tolkien likes this.
  3. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Actually, I think a really overdone but cool effect is an ability that turns Heal effects into damaging effects. Something like, "Each time you play a Heal card, it does the same amount of Unholy Damage instead. If the card targets allies, it targets enemies instead."

That would turn "Help the Weak" into "Hurt the Weak" and "Team Heal" into "Team Harm", so they would hurt your enemies instead. (The card names wouldn't change, btw)

Of course, the other thing a priest really needs is an Unholy support trait.

4. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Unholy support trait! Now we are talking. Not about healing spirit though, but i guess there is only so much to be said about it.
    Its current usefulness is far behind the other traits, the obvious buff direction would be +2 instead +1. Doesn't need to be an exiting reinvention.

How about the 2 extra points get diluted with multiple targets? So only +2 when its a one-target heal, but each target of twin heals or healing rays still gets only +1 (makes 2 total). Same goes for triple and team heal (+1 each).

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

If it were +2 it wouldn't be a bronze card, as I think I mentioned earlier in this thread.
    It's not a terribly exciting card... but there're a lot of cards that aren't terribly exciting (Acid Blast? Force Bolt?).

Maybe there'll be more exciting priest abilities in future sets...

6. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Are you kidding me? Nothing is more exciting than acid blast! :p
    I really like Force Bolt, it's useful. It's only exciting when the target has Path of Knives attached, or is getting pushed onto lava, or pushed off of the victory square....

I don't think that +2 healing is too much, compared to Altruism (50% chance of card draw) and Holy Presence (1 Heal + purging effect).
    I suppose that in practice, with Talented Healer being so, so strong (and only costing 1 token more), it just seems even more underwhelming.

But yeah, if you need any ideas for exciting new cards in the future, I have a few Wizard and Priest traits in mind. Not to mention new Warrior effects.

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

But like... Force blast is more exciting than force bolt, right? You're being awfully selective :)

8. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Great idea, you start the thread about buffing Force Bolt, I'll provide a timely gnome comment later.

WexMajor, Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  9. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Don't you mean window-washing pixies?

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

With a buffed Healing Spirit you could make them last longer if they got too near the bug zapper.

11. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

oh yeah, how about duration 4? a very slim improvement, but the potentially longer presence gives Healing spirit a bit more impact.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  12. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Duration 4 is kind of.. unprecedented. If anything, it seems that in this game cards should have LESS duration, not more. I miss the old Flame Spit which was duration 3, it was much more effective with Instant Burn.

How about add 1 to heal spells and remove the oldest enemy attachment from target(s)?

13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

That would move it from a simple 1 point buff to a multi-effect card, which would be a greater increase in power.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  14. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Tiny comment on this, why doesn't healing spirit affect things like the Boosted Heal trigger or attaching regeneration cards like Healing Blessing?
    Another baby step to make it slightly better.
    To think this to the end, i imagine this (maybe additional): "Whenever your character gains health, he gains +1". So vamp drains and other hp gain stuff like healing run, absorbing block, toughened hide stripes are game.

Thats no longer the case, though.

tolkien, ParodyKnaveBob and Wandere like this.
  15. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

(I know, old thread. Maybe still relevant? We'll find out after AI hits the cybershelves.)

I used Healing Spirit all the time! In Campaign. First starting out. And especially before learning about the wonders of cantrip heals in MP.

Flaxative, would changing this card's +1 to +2 upgrade it past bronze because vampiric heals? If that's the case, the card could get only-Holy-heals as a condition.

Furthermore, I agree that it'd be "better" (i.e. more useful and more intuitive) as "whenever one of your cards heals" instead of "whenever you play a heal card" so that reactions and attachments could be included like Rob spelled out.

However, if its usefulness got expanded and the Holy condition got added (whenever one of your Holy cards heals), then things like Soothing Darkness and Absorbing Block wouldn't get the bonus.

At the same time, I appreciate Flax declaring officially 1. the fact that Healing isn't meant to be viable and 2. the reasons why -- and I therefore understand if this poor little card will be relegated to newbies fumbling their way through Cardhuntria and (~sigh~) even Tournamentria. Oh. And to QD. 'Cause y'know. Traits.

tolkien likes this.