[Suggestion] Bigger, Badder Doors

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Kalin, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Right now we have a "monster" named Reinforced Door, which is used as a sort of destructible terrain in Against the Cockroaches. That was a rather tough module, so the devs recently lowered the door's health from 15 to 10. But several players were already using doors in their own maps, since they were such interesting and unique "monsters". In particular, all three contest winners used them, and then they were nerfed, and so now the first and third levels of Mauve Manticore are a little easier than originally, and the second one is noticeably harder. I feel the game could use some tougher and more interesting doors. So, I have some ideas...

Wooden Door
    Health: 10
    Default Move: Immovable
    Draws: 1
    Deck: 1x Solid Wood
    (same as current Reinforced Door)

Animated Door
    Health: 12
    Deck: 2x Bite, 1x Tough Hide

Copper Door
    Health: 15
    Deck: 1x Grounding Plates, 2x Reflect Missile

Heavy Steel Door
    Health: 20
    Deck: 1x Jarring Block, 2x Solid Mail, 1x Spiked Mail

2. Yea, more doors would definitely be cool.

I'd also like to see a weaker door, for example "Flimsy Door", that would have only 5 hp and Vulnerable so that any character could basically kick the door in with one blow.

Brett Moyer likes this.
  3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yes, more doors please - and possibly more complex ones. I suggested adding an "inanimate object" trait that also blocks LoS - and would replace Immovable (by having that effect as well).

Neofalcon, Zoorland and Flaxative like this.
  4. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

And a mimic, please. :)

5. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

agreed, really cool sugestion.

6. WhiteSorcerer

WhiteSorcerer Guild Leader

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

That's more of a turret than a door, but I like the idea of giving a monster Spin Around as its default move.

8. WhiteSorcerer

WhiteSorcerer Guild Leader

now i think that it must clumsy too so turn around can really have an effect.

9. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

I have to say that I think that the nerf is probably beneficial to #2 and #3 in Mauve Manticore. #1 would probably be better with the original stronger door, though. I agree that a range of doors would be good.

Flaxative and Pengw1n like this.