[Suggestion] Avoid collecting items past max usable limit

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by rinco69, Mar 10, 2016.

?

Feature to prevent collecting excess items past max usable limit

Poll closed Mar 17, 2016.
  1. Sell excess button

78.9%
  2. Take all doesn't take the excess

10.5%
  3. Loot cannot contain items at max usable limit (instead has alternate item or treasure)

10.5%
  1. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Items past the max usable limit are meh (3 shields, 6 staffs etc). Nobody wants them. We request a new feature!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Sort of makes the hunting part a little easier. It shouldn't be.

3. Option 3 would, yes. Options 1 and 2 are just interface upgrades. Simply having a sell excess button like Hearthstone would be awesome.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  4. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

The number of times I've clicked 'take all' instead of 'sell all' and upset the delicate balance of the universe #justcardhunterthings

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I haven't really needed a Sell Excess button lately thanks to the quantity display and neoncat's Collection Excess tool. However, players using Chromebooks can't access the console, so they can't use neoncat's tools.
    A Sell Excess button would still be pretty nice to have.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

You can access the console on a Chromebook. Holding down the search button and the back button at the top is the same as F1.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Cool! I don't own one, but there seem to be quite a few owners who don't know that.

8. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

Err... why not?

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Option 3 would greatly reduce the exasperating annoyance effect produced by random drops. I wouldn't have dropped my 14th Raging Battler while looking for my 1st Strongarm, nor would I have found my 10th Pwindle's Boots while wanting my second Quellic's. The holes and excesses will vary by account, but almost every player will have them. Tiny crushing blows to erode the spirit, delivered by the perversity of the inanimate. What fun would the game be without them?
    I also doubt it would be possible without significantly slowing down the game, even if the devs were willing to take the time to code it.

ParodyKnaveBob and rinco69 like this.
  10. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I was specifying Option 3 in my initial post, I apologize for generalizing.

Part of the reason the game is good (at least in multiplayer) is that everyone does not have everything. It provides for a wide variety of builds, strategies, and thought. With the ability of players to easily (or more easily) obtain all items, the game becomes much more formulaic and cookie cutter. Option 3, and to some extent, The Daily Deal, do this. Furthermore, it lessens the small reward someone has for investing more time into the game than others.

No one should expect to have every item, or any item, really. You may find the staff you want the first day you play, or you may have to play for two years to see that same staff in a chest or a store once (see: gulo gulo and heartripper). That variability makes the game great. I truly believe that. Did I personally begrudge people that had 1, 2, 4039709534709537041 heartrippers before I found my first (and only)? Sure. But when I finally saw it, it was awesome. The idea that every week when I go to Randimar's, or every time I open a chest, I may see an item that I've never seen before? That's golden. The knowledge that I'll likely see it one day in a daily refreshing store, or becomes more available once I've maxed out on other items? That's pretty meh.