[suggestion] auto pass

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by subimpact, Sep 19, 2013.

1. subimpact

subimpact Kobold

should have auto pass when no cards in hands or only armor/shield without movement ability

CyberClaw likes this.
  2. CyberClaw

CyberClaw Kobold

I agree

3. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I disagree, for two reasons.

Firstly, I think it may be a source of confusion for new players if the game sometimes suddenly and unexpectedly auto-passes. It might take some experience before they work out why the auto-pass is happening. Secondly, autopassing like that in multiplayer games would tip the player's hand to their enemy. The enemy would know that the player only had non-action cards left in their hand.

4. subimpact

subimpact Kobold

1) There is no confusion whatsoever when you have an empty hand to play any cards (because its already empty!). This also prevents people from trolling in multiplayer (idling when no cards are in hand against opposing players). If there would be a problem with the learning curve of autopassing, have it be an option where new players would be defaulted to not auto-pass when hands are empty and after 5 battles or more have it be a reminded if they would like to have it disabled or enabled.

2)In multiplayer games, you can see how many cards left of the opposing player regardless of the cards being revealed or not.

5. CyberClaw

CyberClaw Kobold

Auto-passing could have a accompanying message "No playable cards in hand - AutoPassing"
    New players would be told what was happening. This wouldn't stop trolls that try to win by not playing. They'd just keep 1 walking card in hand, so that clearly needs to be dealt differently. Maybe after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity, the opponent gets a "force pass" button, and at the 2nd or 3rd force pass, it gets a "force resign"... I dunno, trolls will be trolls, they lack netiquette like the impunity of a screen, and they will always find a way to be annoying.

6. subimpact

subimpact Kobold

your talking about a new suggestion "force pass" which you should start a new thread on it more towards multiplayer, as for campaign mode auto pass should be just an add-on enhancement for the game. nothing ground breaking

7. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I don't feel anything should be forced on people but i would love a switch to toggle to auto pass.

8. subimpact

subimpact Kobold

exactly my point :) just a toggle system

9. This really needs to happen. There's noting more annoying than when the AI has a lot more cards than you and you have to repeatedly click pass... pass... pass... while it just randomly hops around to board. Don't make me do something to not play. If there are no playable cards, the game should pass for you.

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I agree there should be an "F6" button (a la Magic Online, pass priority for the rest of the round). Disagree that it should be forced when you have nothing left to do—you should always be able to take some time off your clock to look like you're thinking about responding to something.