[Suggestion] Assigning custom VP value for each character in a scenario

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Scared Little Girl, Dec 16, 2013.

1. First of all, I don't know if this should be posted here or in the Feedback forum so feel free to move it around. Secondly, this suggestion has been mentioned before but I don't think it has a dedicated topic so here we go.

What I mean by the title is the ability to assign a number next to each character that participates in a scenario, and that number equals the number of victory points you get for killing that character.

For example, a player could have a wizard who has the default victory point value of 2. When AI kills that character, AI gets 2 VP's. But lets say that this wizard is the most important character in that scenario, a character that should not die. In this case the designer could assign it a custom VP value of 10. So now when AI kills that character, AI gets 10 VP's and win the match.That wizard could also be just cannon fodder whose life was insignificant. In this case the designer could assign a VP value of 0.

For me this sounds like something that would be relatively easy to implement but it would give us amateur scenario designers a lot more options. If the scenario is "kill the evil king", we should not get a win simply for killing his guards, nor should we have to kill all the guards after the king is already dead.

A logical place for this VP number would be next to the character name (on the right) in the "Setup Custom Game" window. And if you leave it blank, the game uses the default value.

------------------------------------------

Related to this.. it would also be good if we could assign VP values to Victory Squares, for example from 1 to 10. Or if that gets too complex, at least give us a "Auto-Win Square", which is like a Victory Square that gives you all the points you need for a win. This way we could design maps that have a certain point where you have to reach in order to win the match, and when you reach that point, you actually win, without having to sit in that square and wait for points to accumulate.

Flaxative likes this.
  2. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

100% agree...would permit alot more diversity and fun scenarios

3. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

oh and fix the anoying yellow 2title" bug, sometime swhen im using decals from for example forent and i want to change it goes to the yellow decal zone... anoying