[Suggestion] Another opinion on hybrid classes.

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Alplod, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Alplod

Alplod Kobold

Greetings.

Here, I'd like to share my thoughts on introducing hybrid classes. I know that several threads on the topic do already exist on the forums, but it seems to me that my view is a bit different. I'm trying to make each hybrid have its own distinctive look and gameplay features instead of simply mixing the items from two classes. And also I'm not trying to say that my suggestion is completely necessary for the game. I just want to share my thoughts and get some feedback.

Also, I have to admit that I'm not very experienced in the game, so some of my conclusions may be incorrrect. I hope more experienced community members may correct my mistakes and upgrade my suggestions)

So, let's start.

Warmage(Warrior/Wizard hybrid) HP 21/25/29 (same for priests)

Slots:
    Weapon(6)
    Weapon(6)
    Heavy Armor(3)
    Boots(3)
    Arcane item(3)
    Arcane item(3)
    Arcane item(3)
    Arcane item(3)
    Racial skill(3)
    Class skill(3) (new cards go here)

Here is an attempt to create a class, which could be played as a frontline wizard. Though there are attempts to create melee wiz builds, they are more meme-like than actually viable due to lack of decent armor and blocks in the standart wizard arcenal. Also, it seems to me that cone attacks are underused for the very same reason. The class which I present may be played as a highly mobile and defensive warrior (with reflexive and self teleports), midrange cone spammer, and control\damage hybrid. As such I propose new cards into class skill slot:

Telekinetic warrior: Trait. Duration 2. Any melee attack you play has range of 3, dmg -3 (not less than 1) and is considered magic. Whenever you move an enemy, deal 1 arcane damage for each square it moved.
    Crowd controller: Trait. Duration 3. Any cone attack you play has its range increased by 1.
    Focused Caster: Trait. Duration 2. Any cone attack you play has its range set to 1 and deals triple damage.
    Hexer: Trait. Duration 3. Whenever you play a melee card 3+ create a Hex of Dissolution card in hand.

List of could-be-useful wizard cards(may appear on class skill slot): Kindler/Firestarter/Hot flames, Dimensional Traveller.

List of could-be-useful warrior cards(may appear on class skill slot): Wind Dancer.

Mystic (Shaman?) (Wizard/Priest Hybrid) HP 15/19/23 (less than wizard)

Staff(6)
    Staff(6)
    Robe(3)
    Boots(3)
    Divine Item(3)
    Divine Item(3)
    Divine Item(3)
    Divine Item(3)
    Racial Skill(3)
    Class Skill(3) (new cards go here)

As we can see, it's not necessary for a priest to be in a center of action to be a useful assistant, but to deal damage he should be a frontliner. Here's an attempt to make a ranged assistance class. It seems to me that even idea of it could be OP, thus I made its HP exceptionally low. It's quite clear that this class is supposed to buff\heal from a distance while occasionally shooting smth nasty at the enemy. Another approach could be loading up with utility spells and make a highly disruptive char with purges, smokes and floods.

Here are the proposed class cards:

Versatile Supporter: Trait. Duration 1. All heal spells damage enemies.
    Rain Caller: Trait. Duration 3. Whenever you play an utility card attach water terrain card to a random square adjacent to an enemy character.
    Spirit Guide: Trait. Duration 3. Whenever you damage an enemy 4+ heal 2 all allies including yourself.

List of could-be-useful wizard cards(may appear on class skill slot): Kindler/Firestarter/Hot flames, Dimensional Traveller, Spark Inductor/Spark Generator
    List of could-be-useful priest cards(may appear on class skill slot): all existing.

Paladin (Warrior/Priest Hybrid) HP 27/31/35 (more than a warrior).

Divine Weapon (6)
    Divine Weapon (6)
    Divine Weapon (6)
    Divine Armor (3)
    Heavy Armor(3)
    Shield(3)
    Helmet(3)
    Racial Skill(3)
    Class Skill(3)

Notice: no boots!

Here's a less thought out class of three. As you may see I've attempted to make a very tanky and non-mobile supporter, however I'm not quite sure if this approach adds something original to the game. Also, this one could be OP due to having lots of HP and access to vampire cards.

Nevertheless, here are some class cards:

Inpenetrable: Trait. Duration 3. Any armor card gains the free card property.
    Blocker: Trait. Duration 2. Whenever you successfully block 4+ draw a card.

List of could-be-useful warror cards(may appear on class skill slot): Probably, none.
    List of could-be-useful priest cards(may appear on class skill slot): all existing.

2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

[​IMG]
    I could list a lot of reasons why this could not be a thing but I will state the main one: The devs are not interested in adding more classes and races, again for a few reasons such as the fact that it would mess up a lot of the current game features.
    Dont get me wrong, I like the idea of a new rogue class and everything in the post above looks very fun, but it would be too hard to balance out and certain classes would become a lot more op than others, and because you cant nerf one class without affecting others, these new classes would be very hard to implement.

Maniafig likes this.