[Suggestion] Advance usability of multiplayer keep

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Obernoob, May 28, 2015.

1. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I would love to see some features / improvement for the multiplayer party archive.

• Use Case "Longer save names": I love to give my parties a name like [league / map rotation] - [description of the party]. This is for example Chess Madness - Stabbing Dwarfs. But this name is too long for the current implementation of the list.
    • Use Case "Change the position of a party in the list": I would love to order my list. At the moment I try different versions of my Death March teams, so I have something like Death March - Death Touch Nimbus Smoke Bomb, which is from a different iteration of this league and way more down in the list something like Death March - Death Touch Nimbus Illusion. I would love to have all parties for a league / map rotation close to each other. In my case sorting by name would be enough, but the more generic solution would be a possibility to change the position of a party by drag and drop or by arrows next to the party.

Addition to my first point: I guess the longer names are not the problem in terms of bytes ot something. But it has to be ensured, that for different display resolution this will work.

2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I agree that it would be useful to reorder your saved parties but your other point isn't very important as you can just put in a short version like, ChessMad-StabDwarf or March-DeathNimbusSmoke or March-DeathNimbusIllusion.

doog37 likes this.
  3. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

You can use abbrevations, but that is only good until a certain point. May be I just dont like them, because I read to much in clean code, which recommands to never use abbrevations. The point for me is, that in the moment I know what the abbrevations stand for, but what is in a month? Although your abbrevations are quite good, since at the moment there is no confussion with other cards / maps possible. By the way I would shorten the map name not to much. March could easily mean the month as well and there may be other maps / leagues it can be misstaken for.

But I totally agree with you, that the possibility of reordering you saved parties is much more important.

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I've just spent a couple of hours on a partial re-ordering of my SP parties, and it would be great to have a faster, easier method in both keeps.
    The current 25 character name limit doesn't fill the block on my laptop. (I don't know if this varies by screen resolution.) I doubt allowing longer names than can be displayed would help much, but even another 7 or 8 characters might help a lot for those who like descriptive names.

5. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I would like to ask, whether I can hope something like this will be implemented or not. I would even spend Pizza to get a feature like this. Or implement it my self, if that would be necessary.

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It's been my experience that tweaks like this get implemented when things are running smoothly and not much else is going on. I don't expect any action before the new expansion and the Steam client get the bugs worked out. That being said, I don't know how high it is on the dev's wish list, but I hope it's fairly high.

Flaxative likes this.
  7. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Reordering of party-slots: yes please
    Longer names: not strictly necessary, imo, but still a welcome change if it can be achieved w/o breaking the UI layout on lower resolutions

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'd like to see this, doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

9. SlowComputer

SlowComputer Kobold

This is far from being a priority. (You can swap 2 slots manually using an empty cell). We should let devs focus on more important stuff.

10. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Sure I can do that. But with about 50 parties in multiplayer and singleplayer this while take more than a while.
    Of course are bugfixes more important. But I dont think it is a hard to implement feature (1 PT with testing should be enough) and will increase the useability by a lot.

I am fine with not having longer names, but the reording would be so nice. I have so many league parties which are splitted across my list, so it is hard to tell how many and which I have per league for example. And the same is true mulitplayer.

11. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Another feature I would like is to filter your characters. I did not dare to hire chars with my new figures, since I have to reset all builds and have tons of chars afterwards, making me scrolling through dozens of chars until I will see the new ones.

The filter for the items is really great. Something similar for the chars would be great, like:

Filter with race per dropdown menu + filter with class per dropdown menu + fitler with level per ... (expressions would be nice like >9 or something, but that would be just a bonus)
    There are several places were this filter could be used.

Force.ofWill, Sir Veza and Fry like this.
  12. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Wanted to ask wether we get something like reording in the next few month. Otherwise I will use the swapping with an empty cell strategy for reordering.

13. "Filter + Sort list" is neccesary. These simple things can improve the game experience alot. Store/retrieve party is amazing, very usefull, but feels imcomplete without a Filter or a way to Sort your teams.

For "Longer save names", an option could be the possibilty to add a description (than you can read using the right click)

Other thing, if I'm allowed to dream, is a way to see which items or cards a character have without change to that team (something like cursor over the character for a fast preview).

Don't understimate the profit of an improvement focused in the "friendly use"

Obernoob and Sir Veza like this.
  14. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I am still dreaming.

15. More than one year of this post. I Like the efford of the developemt team to bring new content to the game, but I need to say: "I will Enjoy way more a Filter for Store/Retrive than a new Expansion"

This is one of the gift of My Cardhunter Christmas Wishlist that i dind't get on 2015

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016