Start a guild!

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Farbs, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

I've just added guilds to my unofficial Card Hunter metagame site. Go forth and guildify!

Guilds earn and lose ratings points by competing in ranked matches, earning/losing more points when they play against members of other guilds. The guild system currently also includes leaderboards, membership control ceremonies, detailed event histories, and more! Planned for the future are coups, duels, and declarations of war. If you have more ideas for guild mechanics I'd love to hear 'em!

Anyhow, stop reading this and go start a guild :D

ParodyKnaveBob, Jayce, Jarmo and 3 others like this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The Sorcererers have formed! Not yet sure who all is welcome, but I'm looking forward to building up our empire :)

ParodyKnaveBob and Farbs like this.
  3. Is it supposed to be spelled like that? :)

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  4. Farbs

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

They're all stacked to the gills with Sorcerery Staffs.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We are officially the largest AND highest-ranked guild!

[​IMG]

You better believe it.

ParodyKnaveBob and Codde like this.
  7. Ahhh... I knew that word sounded familiar somehow :)

This guild thing is very cool. Also I love those Ceremony mini quests.

All aboard the Vibrant Pain Hate Train! (yes, it's a stupid name but it rhymes)

Suggestion: would it be possible somehow to have some way of adding a guild description? Just a couple of lines of text that would explain what the guild is about. Maybe a mini scenario where you go to a room that has a book on the table or whatever? :)

LeisureSuitLoli and Flaxative like this.
  8. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Heh, well done, Farbs ! :)

The next thing is a forum dedicated for guild stuff so people can post recruitment criterias and what not. ;)

edit: hmm, I see only 2 in Sorcererers when it says 3 ? maybe an explanation of the numbers would help.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Farbs and I were talking about that in Lobby Chat a few days ago, SLG. Basically my idea was that every guild could have its own account on these forums, administered by its principal. Because profiles on the forums have info AND serve as "walls" or guestbooks, they could be mini-BBS for the guilds. And ideally the stats site would be able to include info/posts from said forum profile on the guild profile page. I don't know how much work it would be for Farbs to implement all this, but it should definitely be doable!

10. Farbs

SLG - I'm thinking of doing all that via a Xenforo API, so basically you nominate a thread as the source of your guild's info, then when someone views your profile page the contents of that thread get barfed up.

Phaselock - I think there's a small bug that occurs when someone joins a guild but doesn't have any ranked games recorded. Until you play a ranked game the service has no idea who you are, so when it tries to list everyone it can't find you.

At the moment I'm trying to figure out what features should be added and in what order. I'll need help from j-wiz and the nod from Jon before doing the Xenforo API stuff, but most other things should be pretty easy.

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Xenforo API would also allow player profiles on the [Meta] site to grab forum profile data, right? I'm looking forward to it! :)

12. Farbs

Yep. So maybe a profile rather than a thread is the way to go. I'm not sure. It'd be cool to see forum avatars show up as guild crests tho.

13. Farbs

Whee! I joined Snorre's guild Power of Fires, and now we're #1 by a mile!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  14. Snorre Liljegren

Snorre Liljegren Mushroom Warrior

2 miles i would say :D And thanks for making this farbs, its very nice :) And really looking forward to be able to make a Guild desciption :)

(kinda off topic) And if you make the forum api, woudlnt it be possiple to use ones forum avatar in ones own META Profile? :)

15. Farbs

Yes, it absolutely would!

16. Snorre Liljegren

Snorre Liljegren Mushroom Warrior

17. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

Outstanding. Thanks Farbs!

/me contemplates starting Will Nimble Strike For Food guild...

EDIT: Tried twice, no dice. Third time was a charm. I guess my name was too long, so the Expendables have now been created!

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Speaking of features, how hard would it be to pass players' guilds back into the game somehow? It'd be super awesome if people had guild tags next to their names in-game.

19. I think you know that I will mandatorily have to join that guild, based on the name ;)

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

But SLG disbanded it and formed a new guild :eek:
    You're welcome in the Sorcererers, though. We hate Vibrant Pain too.