Special Character Costumes

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Kerensky, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Kerensky

Kerensky Orc Soldier

With the 2nd xpac coming with Steam, thought I'd see if anyone knew if any of the new costumes had special attributes.

For example the Grim Reaper Human Priest costume comes with a special sound set normally reserved for skeletal enemies. I don't own any of the other undead characters, but I assume they also share this skeleton sound pack.

Any of the upcoming new costumes have any features? Are there other special features besides the skeleton sounds on existing costumes?

Do share if you know, because these attributes are otherwise hidden until you buy and use the characters. For example I didn't know about the skeletal sounds until I saw it in a multiplayer match!

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Nope.

The only special features that come with figures are the sounds and animations for the foil figures.

Figures that have special sounds:
    Undead
    Oozes (prizes from an old tournament)
    Cardotron (one was given as a reward for running a tournament)
    Cats (two given as league prizes during the anniversary)
    Demons (not available yet)

(source)

3. Kerensky

Kerensky Orc Soldier

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

They're the ones in Cuthbert's that cost 160 pizza and have cycling colors.

5. Kerensky

Kerensky Orc Soldier

The wiki did show a lot of the other skins you were talking about though. Shame that many of them aren't available anymore. I think some of the best skins this game has are no longer attainable. Shame, I'd definitely be interested in at least a few of these as I start co-op with my friends, if only I could buy them!

6. Kerensky

Kerensky Orc Soldier

Ahh I see. But don't all figures have cycling colors? If I bring 3 Elf female elf warriors of the same, they end up being green/red/blue. Or did you mean something else by cycling?

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I mean the colors cycle on each individual figure. It's hard to see in the shop unless you look closely. I think it has to be done by animation, because AFAIK actual color cycling (shifing sets of palette colors through given ranges) only works with 256 color fixed palettes.

8. Kerensky

Kerensky Orc Soldier

Ahh I see, well I'd definitely consider that a special costume attribute. It's a shame these specials aren't promoted or described in some way when browsing the in game shop, I think this is the sort of thing that would influence and entice people to buy special costumes they may otherwise never give a second thought. That's how the Grim Reaper was for me, I didn't care until I learned by accident it carried a separate voice set!

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

This video from Flaxative shows one of the foil figures: