Spark Inductor and Generator not working

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by jcalton, Jun 21, 2013.

1. jcalton

jcalton Kobold

They either aren't working together or aren't working with Devastating Spark.

Attached Files:

2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

hmm...can't repro it :(

DWiz_test1 performs Spark Inductor.
    DWiz_test1 drew Spark Generator.
    DWiz_test1 performs Spark Generator.
    DWiz_test1 drew Long Spark.
    DWiz_test1 fires a long spark at Clubber Zang
    DWiz_test1 reacts!
    DWiz_test1 inducts sparks
    DWiz_test1 reacts!
    DWiz_test1 generates sparks
    Clubber Zang took 5 Electrical damage.
    Gary passed.
    DWiz_test1 shoots Clubber Zang with a devastating spark
    DWiz_test1 reacts!
    DWiz_test1 reacts!
    Clubber Zang took 7 Electrical damage.
    Gary passed.
    DWiz_test1 shoots Clubber Zang with a mighty spark
    DWiz_test1 reacts!
    DWiz_test1 reacts!
    Clubber Zang took 10 Electrical damage.
    Gary passed.

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Msg=Attaching Spark Inductor to DWiz_test1
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Msg=phaselock drew Spark Generator for DWiz_test1
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Msg=phaselock must play a Trait
    BATTLE LOG: Player=phaselock,Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Event=PlayAction,Action=Spark Generator,Instigator=DWiz_test1,Targets=
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Msg=Attaching Spark Generator to DWiz_test1
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Msg=Re-shuffling 28 cards from DWiz_test1's discard into deck.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Msg=phaselock drew Long Spark for DWiz_test1
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Msg=The active player is now phaselock
    BATTLE LOG: Player=phaselock,Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Event=PlayAction,Action=Long Spark,Instigator=DWiz_test1,Targets=Clubber Zang
    BATTLE LOG: Player=phaselock,Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Spark Inductor,TriggeringActor=DWiz_test1,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Action,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Player=phaselock,Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Spark Generator,TriggeringActor=DWiz_test1,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Action,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Msg=Clubber Zang took 5 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Msg=The active player is now Gary
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Msg=Gary passed.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Msg=The active player is now phaselock
    BATTLE LOG: Player=phaselock,Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Event=PlayAction,Action=Devastating Spark,Instigator=DWiz_test1,Targets=Clubber Zang
    BATTLE LOG: Player=phaselock,Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Spark Inductor,TriggeringActor=DWiz_test1,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Action,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Player=phaselock,Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Spark Generator,TriggeringActor=DWiz_test1,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Action,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Msg=Clubber Zang took 7 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Msg=The active player is now Gary
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Msg=Gary passed.
    BATTLE LOG: Player=phaselock,Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Event=PlayAction,Action=Mighty Spark,Instigator=DWiz_test1,Targets=Clubber Zang
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Rose Dragon Ogre Sentries,Room=ROSE (phaselock),RoomID=25721,Msg=Clubber Zang took 10 damage

3. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

ohohoh, I'm dumb...

You last hit the mob when it had 4 hp left. qed :)

4. jcalton

jcalton Kobold

Thanks. I've been playing about 3 days, I guess I didn't realize that at the time myself. Also I probably never bothered to check damage notifications on kill before.
    Not to say that I recall that being lethal damage, but it's a plausible explanation.

5. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

Are you sure it was Devastating Spark? Keep in mind that some cards may be misleading in their damage type. Just because it has "Bolt" or "Zap" in the name doesn't mean they are Electrical. I think it's likely you used Unstable Bolt and assumed you would get extra damage, but in reality it's actually an Arcane type; It triggered your traits because those traits have a secondary effect for Arcane attacks (making them harder to Block)

Or, like previously mentioned, maybe it was lethal damage. Or maybe there is a bug? But you'd need a console log to be sure of any of this.

Edit: I know the text log says devastating spark, but sometimes the log doesn't use the exact card names when describing attacks, so I'm not sure.

6. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Nah, Unlucky Scarecrow, it's been handled: the enemy just didn't have enough HP. Devastating Spark is a pretty detailed name to have in the log, so it's clear here.

(But on a sidenote, "Spark" is literally the only word that means "Electrical." They struggled to find the best word.)

7. NeuroticOne

NeuroticOne Kobold

I thought I was having this error as well however after reading this thread I've realized that my problem was that I was expecting the Zap cards to behave as electrical when they are really Arcane, but based off of what Sir Knight said that's not the case.

However, the animation for Spark Inductor does 'go off' when casting Arcane spells, perhaps this is the bug? If the buff from Spark Generator and Spark Inductor doesn't apply to Arcane then why would the animation go off as this pretty clearly suggests that it is applying when in fact it is not.

Attached Files:

8. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

Read the bottom part of Spark Generator and Spark Inductor.

skip_intro likes this.
  9. NeuroticOne

NeuroticOne Kobold

Well I fail...haha.

10. teal golem

teal golem Kobold

SPARK GENERATOR and SPARK INDUCTOR are supposed to add their damage bonus to Spark, Short Spark, Long Spark, or Deadly Spark. I've tried them all and seen no damage increases. Therefore, no they are NOT working correctly. The enemy was not about to die, nor should it matter. The cards say they add to electrical damage and those are all electrical attacks (it says so as the attack type). The OP has a legitimate bug complaint. Why are you guys turning it into an electrical/arcane debate or otherwise sidetracking it?

11. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

No "sidetrack." Three days after the initial thread, NeuroticOne entered to ask everybody about Electrical versus Arcane.

Also, the enemy's total health left does matter. If an enemy has 1 health, and you hit it with an attack that could do 20 damage, your log will say you dealt 1 damage.

However, none of this has to do with your issue, if indeed you are describing it correctly. Do you have a log? Hit F1 to open the console, and optionally F1 again if you want to see it full screen. Then type "clip" without the quotation marks and hit return. Paste the results into a document and scroll down to the relevant bit, then copy that section of the log for us to see.

Edit: Ah, I see Phaselock has already responded to you.