[SP]The Sword in the Stone

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by orian34, Jul 1, 2015.

1. orian34

orian34 Orc Soldier

This is my first custom scenario, so i still have to learn some things, so any feedback will be really appreciated(also, i need to know how to add the borders of the map).

In an enchanted forest, there is a sword stuck in the stone(obvious, isn't it? :p), it is said that the one who will remove it will be the new king. No one was able to remove it until now, and you came here to test your strength but other adventurers are here too!

You'll need to get at the stone as quickly as possible, because they will not let you try to get the sword, as they want to be kings. Every turn, more adventurers come, for each sides.

Use your multiplayer party and become the new king!
    Sans titre.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Welcome to map building! The boarders are "lower doodads."

LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  3. orian34

orian34 Orc Soldier

Thanks, i did the modifications!(also, i guess there is no way to fix them to tiles, you need to hand place them?)

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Check the box marked "Snap to grid".

5. You can take a screencap with nothing in the way by using this method:
    Press F1, and type in toggleui
    This removes any user interface.

6. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

So, questions. It's set to one VP for Gary, so if he controls the stone for one turn, he wins, but you have to hold it for four turns, correct? The way the start locations are placed, he can easily hop on it on the first turn. Maybe putting the other team further back or something to keep them from just grabbing it before you can would be good.

Also, since you need 5 VPs, the 7 minute timer means you run out of time before you can win, even if you snag the stone and sword from the first turn on.

Also, I know the name of the quest should make it obvious, but putting the victory point square around the center stone would be good, or maybe some doodads to make sure it draws the eye.

7. orian34

orian34 Orc Soldier

Thanks for the feedback! :)
    I'll do some changes to make the game a bit easier.(i think i put them that close because i tought of the fact it would be too easy with the possibility of having your full inventory of items to slide them to the wall :p)

8. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

Well, if you want this in Mauve Manticore, that doesn't use the constructed parties, so you'd have to build a party from some of the other existing characters.

One thing that might be interesting is randomizing the enemies when they spawn, also.