SP Party Builds

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Avarice, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

3X people running leadership counts for something.

2. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

What do you mean Progammer? Elvish Insight will reveal all Human cards, and Elvish Mobility won't help you. Dwarves don't have a racial that does anything to the enemy directly.

So whatever definition you mean it by, Dwarves share that "synergy" with humans.

3. progammer

progammer Ogre

You can draw out block from enemy dwarfs by using that "all dwarf draw a card" thing that I forgot the name. By being all human, you get the absolute neutrality, not benefit nor exploited from any racial cards

4. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

Forgot about the all dwarf draw, and the block-baiting with beneficials.

But human are still hit by Elvish Insight, reveals all non-elf hands.

5. On your first run through the SP campaign, the best party is the one you have equipment for! Since you're gathering your card pool, it's really going to depend quite heavily on what you find in boxes. That's why I think "one of each" is the best bet. Items drop evenly, so you should build a party that can use anything that shows up. I don't think it much matters how you do the pairing up. I played through my first time with elf warr, dwarf wiz, hum priest and that was great! Second time, dwarf war, elf priest, human wiz, also great!

Once you've got a collection going, then other interesting things like "double life drain priests+spear warrior" become viable, but any build you don't have cards for is a poor one!

6. gcaliber

gcaliber Kobold

My main reason for using wizard early on is just for boiling armor so my warrior and priest can kill things, he is almost useless otherwise. Later in the campaign you can stack encumber and lava on wizard and he does a lot of damage.

7. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

If you can get it, and it does require rare or better items, Firestorm is a very powerful ability in SP. Many of the items it's on require no power tokens, so you can use it from the beginning. You can clear out a lot of levels just by casting it a couple of times. Pair this with a healing cleric and armor to keep your own guys alive, though it can be harder if you like elves.

8. Aviar

Aviar Kobold

During beta I used the traditional Warrior/Wizard/Priest lineup. So far yesterday I started with a similar line up to what I was using, Dwarf Warrior / Elf Wizard / and Human Priest.

I noticed in beta my priest didn't have enough attack, and was loaded up way to much for healing. I've been trying to get a good balance for my priest so he can both heal and do damage. Other than that, learning to kite the mobs and keep my wizard far off normally flinging spells is what I've been doing recently since she is so squishy.