[SP/MP] The Return of the Revenge of Alet Zhav

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Bluemage, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I just played the version submitted to Mauve Manticore. Very easy, though unfortunately Mr. Jingles got Enchanted Mail + Grounding Plates which made my inevitable win take forever. Felt like a slog dealing with that armor. Blood Priest had 2 useful cards (Run, Team and Bad Luck), and felt a bit like dead weight. My 2¢. It was fun until Mr. Jingles was the last one standing. Cheers!

2. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

Hmm. Thanks, Flax.

All of mine seem to end up too easy. Gotta find something more to do with these than just throw a bunch of characters on a map, it seems like.

And yeah, the Blood Priest's attacks were kinda lame, but he seemed perfectly thematic.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Well to be fair, it was easy for me lol. Maybe not for the average player :p

I might replace the Blood Priest either entirely or with someone with more useful cards, and then I think it's probably good for MM, IDK.

4. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

With a couple of days distance, you're right, Flax. He doesn't really add anything gameplay-wise (theme/story-wise, yes, but his card selection's really kinda crap), he was originally a secondary target for when this was being played from the heroes' side. When playing it, I just run him away somewhere, which really doesn't reflect well on his utility.

Of course, I managed to put my laptop on the fritz, so I can't tweak the map file itself, but I can change the scenario. And yeah, it wasn't exactly tough still, Alet Zhav didn't get hit, but then again, if he'd have gotten hit, he had a good chance of being one-shotted, Boppsy has so many All Out Attacks. It makes his terrain spells more relevant, and the respawning just 2 zombies and 1 skeleton die a lot, but work to distract the AI when they show up.

Mostly I was just frustrated since my scenarios have all been too easy, so far. :)

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

You can get the board file from the scenario file using the "Export..." button.

6. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

Well that's handy to know. Thanks.

7. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

Update. I'll have to tweak the intro since the priest isn't there any more when I update the MM entry.

Attached Files:

Flaxative likes this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I've played this map a bunch more times and I never finish it. No one wins — my respawning minions distract the enemies forever, Alet Zhav sits in the corner casting sparks that do 0 damage. Occasionally I've gotten lucky and killed some guys before they got 2 Enchanted Mails (the dog and Lothar die easily enough, obviously, but Mom's figures have Grounding Plates, Resistant Hide, and tons of Enchanted Mail).

9. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

Hmm. I once had Mr. Jingles draw grounding plate, but had managed to kill most everybody else first.

I guess now that the undead have been reduced so much, less overpowered characters than Mom's might work. I'll have to tweak it some more.

Balance is hard!

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It is, but I really hope you do another version or two because this is close to MM material. Don't be discouraged! Sorry if my criticism has felt harsh, I mean to be constructive.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  11. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

No, it's all good. I just haven't had any time to sit down and play CH, much less work on maps!

Still don't, really, just popping in while dinner is cooking.

CT5 and Flaxative like this.