Sp frequent freezing at start of rounds

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Christofff, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Running the game on Steam. It also hangs for around 20secs sometimes at start of rounds. It will say "so-and-so runs", but then freeze. Only happens at the start of rounds. Not sure if i've updated that last steam update, but it was happening for a few days now.

Freezing occurs rouhgly every 3 rounds. ONly way to resolve is by quitting anbd restarting.

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Christofff likes this.
  3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It may be coincidental, but I noticed when it happens to me, the battle has failed to scroll downward. It clears when I scroll down manually, but then it might have cleared if I'd just clicked anywhere.

Accent likes this.
  4. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

This (or a similar thing) happens to me a lot but more often when I play a custom map of mine than SP, though it happens in SP too.
    I would play normally for a few rounds but then when its the ai's turn it doesnt move at all, there is no timer for timeout so I cant win, but if I type in World Chat it sends my message and others can see it.
    I do one of two things in this case: resign the battle (which sometimes totally freezes the game), or close the Card Hunter tab, reopen it and play on (it saves progress).
    Edit: just played one of my maps and when I clicked to move my character group, it froze and didnt want to let me move, I could talk in chat but had to resign because it wouldnt work.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  5. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I believe this is related to running the game at high animation speeds and recent optimisations we made to make that even faster. I may have fixed it for the next build.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  6. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Thanks Jon. Looks good so far.

7. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Yea, i prefer to play at max animation speed (10) and even used to set it to 9999 for SP before.