[SP] Building up my card collection

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Netherfox, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Netherfox

Netherfox Kobold

Humble Bundle thankfully brought this game back on my radar but I'm bit lost as how to proceed.

I've only just recently completed the campaign with 3 dwarf wizards that I had in the works since beta times. A lot of cards have changed since then and information on SP deck building after the changes is hard to find.

The one month club members ship has me aiming at trying to optimize my time spent vs cards gained to the best of my ability so I'm looking for advice on how to achieve this.

This is my current status of my collection and character I have availible to me:
    • Basic Edition
    • Campaign Completed, 0 quests done, ~1000gold
    • Party 1: level 18 dwarf wizard [x3]
    • Party 2: level 9 elf warrior [x2], elf priest [x1]

From scouring the threads and resources I'm aiming to do the following daily:
    • Loot Fairy
    • Adventures lvl 5-7
    • Both Gnome Lords missions

What adventures are worth doing daily, including possible aotc ones to start bolstering my collection? What low-budget parties would advice to use for those adventures?

2. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

Multiplayer leagues(participate in all) and winning 1-6 matches per day is the fastest way to increase your collection. For Campaign, I'd recommend doing all the handicap missions since you have the club membership for double the reward. You can also work on the other challenges. Lvs 1-8 are definitely doable without too many special items or teams. Again you'll get an extra rare or better each time due to the club membership.

3. Accent

Accent Hydra

Cardstock II. By far the easiest (and the quickest) of the level 17 modules.

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Don't forget that you can do the Loot Fairy twice a day.

Try to do all the treasure hunts and as many quests as you can while you have club membership.

If you saved the pizza Gary gave you, you'll now have enough to buy the AotA treasure hunts.

Use the Collection Analysis to see which levels you're lacking the most items, and farm them. I've been grinding the first level of MM5 to fill out my level 18 commons.

5. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

While speed farming can be profitable, I would suggest focusing on doing the quests first instead. The handicap-only and no-party-death ones are very doable, for the most part.

Other than that, basically what those who posted before me said: loot fairy (twice per day), join every league you can, do MP matches to get at least a MP golden chest each day (ofc the more the better, depending on how much time you have).

Drakkan likes this.
  6. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

Totally agree!

Quest (No Party Death, Handicap) are not that hard and will give you bunch of Gold Chests .. you'll get lots of rares, some nice Epics and even few Legendary items out of them..

Same thing with joining League .. I would save your 1000g just for that.. join every league you see open (50g), you dont even have to play - you'll get 3 yellow chests for last place. That translates to similar thing as above..

7. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

And most interesting, my favourite map - looks like MP, you can test some builds etc .. but I must add - I used to play Cardstock II for 6 months every day ;), and I only got 2 (maybe 3 Legendary items) that way ( dont remember the Epics ) .. ok, one Legendary was Vibrant Pain, but that's still quite slow

I found Leagues much more rewarding..

Anyway -> depending on how much items does a player have .. when you're just starting, farming can be quite rewarding.. every Rare is new to you, Epic is what you write songs about and not even to speak of Legendary items ..

8. Netherfox

Netherfox Kobold

Thanks for the replies everyone! I wasn't even aware that the fairy could be done twice a day, seems I have quite a bit to explore and enjoy on a daily basis.